IT Data Analyst
Company: Southern Management Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Analyst at Southern Management is responsible for querying data and
building data sets that provide valuable solutions for multiple
departments. The Data Analyst should gather requests from various
departments and design processes, data sets, and automation tools
that provide more efficient business results across the
- Query data from SQL databases to
provide valuable insights for multiple business
- Become knowledgeable of all
datasets and data marts available in the data
- Assist Business Analysts and
Data Scientists in understanding the data.
- Assist in database and data mart
design, and work with multiple departments to build data marts,
data sets and reports as requested.
- Assess data-driven business
processes for potential improvements and automation.
- Map out ETL processes to load
and retrieve data from internal and external sources and assist in
development with SR developers.
- Utilize tools to securely
transfer data to and from external sources (Filezillla, WinSCP,
etc.) while adhering to Southern Management’s Data Policies in
transit and at rest.
familiar with encryption uses and utilize tools to encrypt/decrypt
files with sensitive information.
- Other tasks as
- Bachelor's degree in STEM or Business
years of experience in business intelligence, data, or risk
Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with a scripting language preferred
(PowerShell, Python, C#, etc.)
- Understanding of Data Warehousing
to interface with the business leaders.
- Strong project management skills
and ability to handle and prioritize multiple simultaneous
- Ability to see
the ‘big-picture’ of company data needs and processes.
- Expertise with
- Proactive and able to work in an autonomous work
data gathering and analytical skills.
Keywords: Southern Management Corporation, Greenville , IT Data Analyst, Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!