Posted on: June 8, 2021
This position will provide comprehensive Manufacturing
Engineering support to Proterra's Site Manufacturing Engineering
Manager and other site leadership team members. You will be
responsible for providing the overall process design and suggesting
measures of improvement of manufacturing, thereby increasing
productivity and improving manufacturing costs.
About the Role - You will:
- Accountable for safety, cost and quality targets for assigned
- Develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing
knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication
processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly
methods and quality control standards.
- Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements,
workflow, design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum
- Lead 1st article manufacturing validation activity for design
changes; write clear, detailed job instructions; create and
implement process control plans.
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements and related
costs to provide information for management decisions; research and
purchase enabling manufacturing technology.
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing
requirements and have a strong voice for new product design for
- Confer with management, engineering and other staff regarding
manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other
considerations to facilitate production processes; work with
Product Engineering to identify and correct product related issues
on the line.
- Confer with vendors and engineering to determine product
specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials or
parts, and evaluate products according to specifications and
About Our Group:
- As strategic partners, the Manufacturing Engineering team
strives to ensure that our values, culture and engagement always
allow us do great things for our company.
- We strive to provide the highest level service and support to
our clients each and every day.
- We work collaboratively to build strong relationships with our
clients, partners, and own team.
- We treat each other with respectand always try to have a little
fun every day!
- This position will be part of the Manufacturing Engineering
team that supports Proterra's Manufacturing and Engineering
- You will report to the Site Manufacturing Engineering Manager
and collaborate with other Engineering team members located at our
headquarters in Burlingame, CA and other manufacturing facilities
in Los Angeles, CA and Greenville, SC.
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt interpersonal styles and
techniques to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, establish trust and
credibility, and act with complete integrity.
- Detail-oriented, resourceful and diligent.
- Strong time management and organizational skills; must be able
to work any shift as needed based on production needs.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Your Experience Includes:
- 5+ years' experience in an automotive manufacturing environment
that includes strong functional hands-on experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (mechanical, electrical or
industrial) or equivalent experience.
- Design for manufacturing experience; Process design and layout
- Expert level of understanding of lean manufacturing
- Knowledge of GD&T, basic Hydraulic, Pneumatic, and
- Knowledge of APQP, PFMEA, Process Flow, Control Plan and
- Proficient in Solidworks and MS applications.
- Ability to use power tools and measuring tools.
You might also have:
- Green Belt or Black Belt certification
Travel: 0 - 10%
Proterra is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, providing
equal employment opportunities to all Employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
age, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or
related medical conditions, including, but not limited to,
lactation or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state, or local law or ordinance. Proterra participates in
the Electronic Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).
Keywords: Proterra, Greenville , Manufacturing Engineer, Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!