Aftermarket Customer Support Specialist
Posted on: June 8, 2021
This position will provide comprehensive aftermarket customer
support to Proterra's Greenville Site Aftermarket Parts and Service
Manager and other site leadership team members. You will be
responsible for achieving sales goal by handling all inbound
requests from customers, asking appropriate questions,
understanding customer needs, recommending an appropriate product
or solution and providing the highest level of customer service
support to Customers.
About the Role - You will:
- Order Management:
- Process Customer Orders (via phone, email, ServiceMax), ensure
orders are processed and shipped, and send daily shipping report to
Customer Service team.
- Ensure invoices are being sent in a timely manner, ensure
requested parts are correct (consult with CSE / Technical
documentation), and provide internal and external customers with
order status and shipping information.
- Perform routine reviews of Sales Order aging reports, initiate
expedite actions as necessary, provide quotes as requested by the
Customer and conduct routine follow up for approval.
- Attend daily Field Service Call, provide status on part
requests, maintain file system to track Customer correspondence and
quote activity, and participate in routine reviews with Accounts
Receivable to track Customer account status.
- Gather and report metrics for Sales Order revenue and Sales
order aging, identify negative trends, initiate actions to improve
revenue and customer satisfaction.
- Support MRB process by ensuring Customer returns are
dispositioned promptly and appropriate credits issued.
- Customer Support:
- Make "Courtesy Call" to customers on a regular basis to
maintain relationships and offer assistance; respond to customer
request for information and submit/track requests; log and track
issues per Customer.
- Attend the following: Field Incident Reviews (to understand
field issues with bus/charger), On-site Customer meetings, Off-site
Industry and Customer events, reviews for new inventory additions
per CCB, and Service Bulletin Fielding meetings.
- Contribute to parts planning by forecasting sales, changes to
recommend spare parts/tooling list and future inventory deployment
needs; ensure effective participation of the escalation process to
provide response to relevant issues on all orders.
- Ensure proactive communications and partnership between
customers, relevant business partners and Customer Service
leadership regarding order issues and changes; demonstrate a
passion for meeting customer needs and exceeding customer
- Develop new strategies, ideas to retain, grow aftermarket parts
business; identify customers not purchasing product and connect
with customers to earn/retain their business.
- Monitor selling price for parts and recommend adjustments based
on market and customer input.
- Contract Deliverable s:
- Develop and maintain tracking report for Customer Service
deliverable s for new Customer contracts; follow-up with action
owners to ensure deliverable s are met.
- Responsible to ensure that Recommended Spare Parts List and
tooling lists are delivered to CPM's for new contracts; follow-up
with Customers to determine status.
- Ensure proper invoicing of Spare Parts and tooling is performed
per contract; ensure that new Customers are setup in ServiceMax and
About Our Group:
- As strategic partners, the Customer Service team strives to
ensure that our values, culture and engagement always allow us do
great things for our company.
- We strive to provide the highest level service and support to
our clients each and every day.
- We work collaboratively to build strong relationships with our
clients, partners, and own team.
- We treat each other with respectand always try to have a little
fun every day!
- This position will be part of the Greenville based Customer
Service team that supports Proterra's Manufacturing and Engineering
operations in Greenville, SC.
- You will report to the Site Aftermarket Parts and Service
Manager and collaborate with other Customer Service team members
located at our headquarters in Burlingame, CA and other
manufacturing facility in Los Angeles, CA.
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt interpersonal styles and
techniques to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism,
discretion, and sense of urgency.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, establish trust and
credibility, and act with complete integrity.
- Detail-oriented, resourceful and diligent.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent English communication skills.
Your Experience Includes:
- 3+ years' experience in a related field
- Familiarity with Supply Chain Management, Inventory Control and
Materials Management techniques using industry accepted best
- Intermediate level proficiency computer skills (including MS
You might also have:
- Associate's Degree in a related field
Location: Greenville, SC
Travel: Up to 30% travel local and out of state.
Proterra is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, providing
equal employment opportunities to all Employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
age, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or
related medical conditions, including, but not limited to,
lactation or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state, or local law or ordinance. Proterra participates in
the Electronic Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).
Keywords: Proterra, Greenville , Aftermarket Customer Support Specialist, Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!