Senior IS Solution Architect
Company: ABB LTD
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Senior IS Solution Architect
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is
energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a
more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal
of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender,
LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are
embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually
and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual
ABB Motion is a pioneering technology leader, driving innovation
in motion industries. We keep the world turning, while saving
energy every day. Our motors and drives are an integral part of
everyone's lives, writing the future of smart motion. The role
reports to the Global IS Manager - MOPT and located in Greenville,
South Carolina. As a Senior IS Solution Architect, you will be
responsible to define the technical IS solution and ensures
alignment with other modules and surrounding IS applications
through cooperation and collaboration across IS solution architects
and IS delivery units. Engages in requirement gathering to decide
which requirements are covered by available standard
functionalities, for which functionalities enhancements are needed
and for which functionalities workarounds are accepted. Supports
validation and prioritization of incoming business demand in
collaboration with the relevant IS Service Teams and/or Global IS
Domain Architect within Motion. Review and sign off the functional
and technical use case specifications. Keeps knowledge up to date
regarding new and emerging IS technology and IS industry practices,
bringing learning into ABB, all within in the scope of the relevant
IS solutions. Collaborates with users in projects and problem
management to maintain, develop and deploy the best feasible and
most cost efficient IS solutions/services for the business. Ensures
manuals for users are created to describe the operating procedures.
Consults, gives advice and supports the installation of new IS
solutions/services, or the changing of existing IS
solutions/services. Consults the users to identify and learn about
current procedures and to clarify further requirements. Supports
the installation, management, maintenance and optimization of all
IS processes related to the area of responsibility.
- Executing IS activities within all IS process domains, focusing
on distinct applications "build and run" to support local and
global Motion business needs.
- Designing and implementing SAP and Non-SAP solutions fulfilling
- Collecting and translating business requirements into technical
- Assisting Business Support Teams with business requirements
that translates into functional and technical design
- Supporting the installation, management, maintenance and
optimization of IS solutions/services.
- Consulting with relevant stakeholders across the business to
give advice, ensuring compliance with ABB IS Enterprise
- Providing leadership to 3rd Party IS resources and internal IS
work teams, guiding and monitoring task completion, sharing expert
knowledge and advice.
- Work with Business Support Teams on the delivery of new
transformational programming/configuration demands supporting
- Excellent experience in objectively evaluating IS solutions and
- Living ABB's core values of safety and integrity, which means
taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your
colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Management/Technology, or
related fields (computer science; information science; software
engineering, etc.) AND minimum 15 years of experience working in
application development/ technical solutioning/ architectural
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would
permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Exceptional analytical, and communication skills.
- Strong understanding of SAP ABAP.
- Strong understanding of project management methodologies.
- Strong in usage of Microsoft Office 365 applications
(PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint).
- Strong knowledge of various reporting tools (Microsoft PowerBI,
SAP BI, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of interface technologies (ALE, BizTalk,
Gentran, RFC, etc.).
- Fluent in Microsoft .NET and C#.
- Familiar with SAP Cloud Solutions and Architecture.
- Experience in IS service delivery, working as Architect or
Subject Matter Expert.
- Sound knowledge of application development life cycles,
testing, implementation, systems administration and support post
- Self-starter/self-Learning and Strong team player and
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to
discover more about ABB, take another look at our website
www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at
ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative
Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion,
sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave
status, or protected veterans status. For more information
regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the
following websites: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer,
applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a
particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at
1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a
disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable
or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a
result of your disability. You may request reasonable
accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at
1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes
and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Keywords: ABB LTD, Greenville , Senior IS Solution Architect, Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!