Hospice Nurse Practitioner - PRN
Company: Brookdale Hospice
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Hospice Nurse Practitioner - PRN
Pay Range: $10.00/Hr. - $150.00/Hr.
Overview: Pay Per Visit (PPV) rates may range from $10.00
to $150.00 and are determined by the specific position and location
where your position is assigned and by the type of visit/non-visit
activity performed. Potential for weekend/holiday
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients,
we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is
through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Benefit plan package
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
• Associate Compassion Fund
• Associate Discounts
• Identity theft protection
• Pet savings and insurance plans
• Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
• Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
• Paid Time Off
• Adoption Benefit
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
• Voluntary STD and LTD Responsibilities: Provides care to hospice
patients who require assessment for appropriateness and
certification of terminal illness for Medicare/Medicaid hospice
services. Plans and evaluates the clinical management of clients.
Evaluates treatment plans, medications, and other necessary care.
Provides clinical recommendations to nursing staff to address the
medical needs of clients.
- Reviews clinical materials of referring physicians to document
basic disease process, drug regimen and assessment of the patient's
health and prognosis at the time of admission.
- Reviews the active medical and/or palliative care provided in
the home or inpatient setting.
- Acts as a consultant to the patient's physician and other
members of the hospice team. Acts as the liaison between the
patient's attending physician and the Interdisciplinary team and
helps resolve conflicting care situations.
- Certifies, in conjunction with the attending physician, that
the patient's life expectancy is not expected to exceed six months.
Recertifies limited life expectancy at appropriate intervals.
- Identifies problems based upon interpretation of findings.
- Evaluates needs for immediate nursing intervention,
consultation and referral to other health
- Participates with the physician in the formulation of policies,
procedures and protocols for the management of particular health
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Master's Degree required. Minimum three to five years nursing
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special
Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) licensure
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions
within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve
moderately complex problems based on precedent, example,
reasonableness or a combination of these. Works closely with the
Medical Director, Associate Medical Director and Team Leaders to
provide continuity of care consistent with the hospice philosophy
and the patient's wishes.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a
thorough understanding of the organization and work environment.
Has a working knowledge of a functional discipline. Displays
expertise in assessing for eligibility for hospice services and
providing symptom management for hospice patients. Possesses
excellent communication skills with an understanding of working
with patients with a terminal illness and their families. Attends
educational in-services offered by the hospice, and possesses an
ongoing commitment to enhancing their medical expertise in caring
for hospice patients.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Keywords: Brookdale Hospice, Greenville , Hospice Nurse Practitioner - PRN, Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!