Company: CGI Group, Inc.
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Do you want to take your career to the next level as part of a
dynamic company that gives you a direct stake in its success? Are
you ready for the responsibility of working with high profile
clients? We are seeking a motivated Oracle DBA to join our team.
Your attention to detail and positive attitude will be highly
valued. If you are great with juggling different tasks and like
working with smart, talented people, this is the place for you!
Your future duties and responsibilities
This will be a great opportunity to the right candidate providing
member exposure to working of a Global Supply Chain organization in
a collaborative environment with team member's spread across the
globe. Besides technical skills, the member should be fluent in
English. Working knowledge of Agile processes & tools, CICD tools
like Gitlab, Jenkins required.
• Should be familiar with working in Agile mode
• Perform applications database administration (Oracle and SQL
server) functions including SQL code review, performance analysis,
query tuning, database application design, physical data modeling,
and developer support
• Work with development teams in database design process and make
suggestions/recommendations based on data manipulation needs of the
• Setup and Manage Oracle streams and Golden gate.
• Shell Scripting for standards database activities.
• Knowledge on Sql loader.
• Actively monitor database servers and respond to any alerts
• Works with customers on fixing production issues.
• Provide database support in all phases of SDLC.
• Work with team members to come up with solutions in line with
• Participate in 24X7 for various production support, database
maintenance, housekeeping and installs
• Collaborate with Operations Database group, Systems
Administrators and Capacity Planning groups as and when situation
• Ability to quickly diagnose the problem areas and come up with
solutions and/or workarounds
• Evaluation and recommendation of software products in database
• Should have strong time management skills with willingness and
ability to prioritize multiple projects/initiatives at the same
• Proactive with strong team, interpersonal and communication
• Setup DR and HA strategy and support routine DR testing.
• Establish database standards for operations, upgrades, migrations
and onboarding new applications and/or clients.
• Write clear, concise, well organized user documentation to
maintain standards and procedures.
• Balance various database infrastructure projects.
• Maintain and manage yearly, monthly and weekly Partitions for
Partitioned tables and indexes.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
CGI is looking for an experienced Oracle DBA with minimum 10 years
experience, with good written & oral communication skills. This
right person for this role should possess following skills:
• 7+ years of experience in Oracle DBA with performance tuning
• 3+ years of DBA experience in other DBMS systems (SQL Server,
Azure and Mongo DB). - optional
• 5+ years of shell scripting experience.
• Ability to work well in a team environment, as well as
maintaining a flexible attitude are a must
• Ability to develop and drive database administration strategies
and initiatives as per the needs of the team
• Ability to quickly synthesize ideas, options, and thoughts into
solutions to management to aid in decision-making
• Prior hands on working experience in Oracle DBA with performance
tuning expertise and exposure to other DBMS systems (SQL Server,
Azure and Mongo DB) is key to be successful in this role.
• Ability to multitask on several projects is key to be successful
in this role.
• Good communications skills are a must, as this role involves
working with business users; managing expectations.
• Oracle 11g, 12c and 19c
• Bachelor's Degree
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital
transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of
this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering
our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our
professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards
that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of
ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and
business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex,
religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status,
disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran
status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression,
familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any
other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals
with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job
in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance
mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to
reference the requisition number of the position in which you are
interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate
recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email
address is only to be used for those individuals who need an
accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or
those that do not include a requisition number will not be
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click
here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and
transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the
ability to successfully complete a background investigation.
Background investigation components can vary dependent upon
specific assignment and/or level of US government security
clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with
all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against
employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- Database Administration
- Shell Script
Keywords: CGI Group, Inc., Greenville , Oracle DBA, Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!