To gain the skills, knowledge, and
expertise to be considered a successful Guest Service Manager. To
supervise and ensure that every guest receives the fastest and most
pleasant checkout experience possible through consistent execution
and maintenance of Lowes Foods’ Guest Service Standards and
Policies. Supervise and perform all functions related to sales
related assets. Assume the duties of the Department Manager in
1. Maintenance of Guest Service
a. Ensures that the front porch standards
detailed in the No Noticeable Wait policy are met at all times.
b. Works with the Store Manager and Guest
Service Manager to ensure that the schedule is written to provide
the desired level of service within the established labor
c. Trains cashiers to call additional hosts
to the front porch as dictated by guest needs and established daily
d. Handles guests and hosts requests,
refunds, loans, pickups, voids, and check approvals promptly, and
e. Ensures front porch is clean, neat, and
clutter free at all times and that the parking lot is free of
debris and excessive carts.
f. Acts as a positive role model for all
front and hosts in speech, manner, dress, hygiene, and
g. Ensures all unused check lanes are
blocked off when not in use.
h. Monitors and enforces all other front
porch policies related to Asset Protection and Shrink Control.
2. 2. Training and Development of Front
a. Provides training and direction to hosts
not meeting the front porch standards.
b. Communicates to the guest service
manager, problem areas and hosts not meeting performance
c. Provides constant on-the-job feedback to
front porch hosts about performance to maintain front porch service
3. 3. Sales, Cash and Invoice
a. Prepare weekly cash report and
b. Maintain sales related information.
c. Process invoices and transfers as
d. Process beer/wine payments.
4. 4. Cash Related Activities
a. Prepare bank deposits according to
b. Handle payroll check approval/cashing
according to company policy.
c. Ensure that an accurate daily cash count
d. Process guest needs such as money
orders, stamps, lottery tickets, etc.
e. Process returned checks according to
5. 5. Cash Office Security
a. Ensure the security of the cash office
and store funds.
b. Maintain accountability standards of
c. Maintain supplies needed for front porch
and cash office.
6. 6. Cashier/Guest Service Clerk
a. Monitor and analyze the Operator
b. Perform surprise cashier till audits,
detail tape audits, and accuracy checks according to policy.
7. Perform all other duties as assigned by
1. Friendly, outgoing personality.
2. Ability to work well with others.
3. Ability to lift 25 lbs. occasionally and
15 lbs. constantly.
4. Ability to read and understand
information and direction.
5. Knowledge of front porch operations.
6. Ability to supervise people including
training and development.
7. Demonstrated ability and willingness to
learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job.
8. Effective communication and guest
9. Must be at least 18 years old.
10. Ability to stand for extended periods
11. Demonstrate successful use of math
12. Ability to work well with