Customer Operations Associate
Company: Johnson Controls, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
What you will do
The Customer Operations Associate, under direct supervision,
tracks and provides support for the HVAC installation contract
business. Actively participates in accounts receivable, accounts
payable and financial activities, such as contract scheduling,
revenue recognition, billings, collections, and subcontract
processing. Provides administrative, day to day support in the
operational areas of the business. How you will do it
- Works with project owners to update project cost schedules as
- Assist installation team with project cost and revenue tracking
to reach revenue goals.
- Runs query reports, researches, and reconciles unaligned costs,
such as labor hours, material purchases, expenses, and other
operations related transactions. Performs cost transfers as
- Answers any customer/subcontractors' inquiries and resolves or
escalates customer issues as appropriate.
- Prepare and submit monthly billings to Customers. Completes any
additional documentation required for billing, i.e. special pay
applications, lien waiver, certified payroll, etc.
- Works with accounts receivables contacts to assist with
resolution of A/R disputes. Researches and determines appropriate
actions and escalation for timely resolution of disputes. Incudes
necessary interaction with Customers to resolve receivable issues
and confirm commitment to pay.
- Processes invoice credits and rebills, as necessary. Maintains
billing and collection notes within appropriate systems.
- Supports the subcontract process including issuing subcontract
documentation and Purchase Orders, ensuring all documentation has
been provided and received per contract requirements.
- Manage accounts payable invoicing and reconciliation of
accounts payable exceptions and subcontractor PO invoicing issues
- Coordination and support to Sales Team to review and submit
project bookings and all required booking documentation,
facilitates the release of the project booking from MBC, addresses
any booking holds, and returns signed contract documentation to
- Provide additional operations administration support, as
How you will do it
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One to two years of related work experience, preferably within
a service / sales, or technical work environment.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to effectively
communicate with both internal and external clients.
- Must have the ability to simultaneously handle a large and
diverse number of projects, tasks and issues with tact,
cooperation, and persistence.
- Ability to prioritize work activities based upon financial
impact to desired business goals.
- Must have proficient computer skills within the following
applications: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet business
- Must demonstrate the ability to perform work independently and
demonstrate solid organizational and attention to detail
- Associate degree preferred.
- Experience and/or basic project accounting or costing
principals is desired.
Supportive team environment and add to that a competitive
salary, best in class benefits package starting on day 1, which
includes medical, dental & vision, 401(k), tuition reimbursement,
paid time off and career growth opportunities. Johnson Controls
International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status,
genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a
disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more
information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual
with a disability and you require an accommodation during the
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Inc., Greenville , Customer Operations Associate, Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!