Company: Republic Services, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
POSITION SUMMARY: Within a division, the Operations Supervisor -
Hauling Operations is responsible for supervising the collections
activities in one or more lines of business (commercial,
residential, roll-off (industrial) and/or container delivery and
pick up) in a geographically dispersed area. The Operations
Supervisor oversees drivers and helpers and works with the
Operations Manager and General Manager to implement tactical
initiatives to drive functional excellence and budget achievement.
The Operations Supervisor ensures adherence to all accident
prevention programs and leads operations to ensure compliance with
all safety, environmental, operating, regulatory, accounting,
ethics and other standards. Responsibilities include the execution
and delivery of Safety, Customer Experience, and Efficiency while
supporting a culture of employee engagement.
- Understand and provide leadership to achieve and communicate
about safety goals and objectives.
- Work to remove unsafe conditions or situations from drivers'
- Work with the sales team to identify and eliminate any unsafe
conditions on new route or for new customers.
- Partner with the maintenance department to ensure all equipment
remains in working order and in compliance with safety
- Oversee effective safety and accident prevention programs to
ensure all reasonable actions are taken to prevent accidents and
injuries; ensure a safe and productive work environment for all
employees; implement and maintain and effective loss control and
- Engage assigned employees in active participation to instill a
culture of safety by demonstration of a personal commitment to safe
operations and active personal outreach to operational
- Provide service to all customers that meets or exceeds customer
expectations with regard to the entire customer experience.
- Understand missed pickup goals and meet or exceed expectations
related to those goals.
- Resolve unusual service requests, equipment breakdowns and
schedule changes with timely communications to all
- Interact with customers to solve and rectify any issues and
improve the overall customer experience.
- Serve as a positive representative of the Company to drive
customer satisfaction and loyalty to the Company.
- Establish productivity goals where needed; ensure adherence to
operating standards; and manage labor hours and disposal expenses
per established and agreed plans.
- Lead drivers to exceed productivity goals and expectations for
- Create, modify and improve routes to maximize density and
- Reduce route hours to the extent possible with techniques such
as service conversions and container upsizing.
- Execute other operational plans to help achieve or exceed the
division's budgeted goals.
- Understand, support and execute service delivery while actively
supporting maintenance and the operational role in fleet quality
- Create a collaborative, communicative team environment and
drive employee engagement with the Company.
- Build and develop talent on the team, understand employees'
career goals and provide coaching to get employees ready for
advancement with the Company.
- Perform other job related duties as needed or assigned.
- Able to direct large staff.
- Is process-oriented and results-oriented in setting and
pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to
organizational success and marshaling resources to accomplish goals
- Demonstrated problem-solving, analytical, critical-thinking and
- Is collaborative; builds and works with teams.
- Creative thinker who challenges conventional solutions.
- Demonstrates and promotes ethical behavior.
- Has strong leadership skills and proven judgment of talent,
with an emphasis on hiring and developing high performance
- 1 year of lead or supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a business related field.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Keywords: Republic Services, Inc., Greenville , Operations supervisor, Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!