HVAC Installation Technician-Trane Technologies
Company: Trane Technologies
Posted on: July 20, 2021
Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands –
including Trane® and Thermo King® - create access to
cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect
food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance
with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands
and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We
boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable
This role can be located in Asheville, NC area or the
Trane Is The Best Company for Installation Technicians:
- Trane is recognized worldwide as the brand standard for HVAC
and Building Controls Systems
- Dedicated to a military friendly environment (Veterans are
highly encouraged to apply)
- Unlimited opportunities for career development and
- Determined focus to be the employer of choice in our industry
(we want to be the company where everyone wants to work)
- World Class continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM)
- Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life
- Organizational encouragement of community involvement and
sustainability (green initiatives)
- Late model, clean, and dependable company vehicle, high speed
laptop, and smart phone
- Responsible for the installation, commissioning, diagnosis,
repair, and start-up of HVAC systems, utilizing knowledge of air
conditioning theory, pipe fitting, air distribution, controls and
- Responsible for planning, analyzing and timely completion of
assigned projects and
- Uses a variety of hand tools, along with interpreting
construction drawings, plans, and specifications, in order to
mount, hang, fit, and install equipment and
- Ensures compliance with internal contracting processes.
- Performs site surveys, replacements, modifications and start-up
as needed or requested by customers.
- Prepares for on-site installation and repairs by examining
building layout, anticipating difficulties, gathering materials and
coordinating on-site work, as necessary.
- Maintains assigned stock of inventory, company equipment, and
documents to all related activities.
- Provides training and follow-up training at customer site.
- Provides sales leads to appropriate personnel.
- Documents work by completing paperwork on each job, including
daily time, progress, and duration; and maintaining files.
- Records parts, material, labor, and other cost data per
assignment and returns unused resources.
- Turns in all required paperwork and reports in a timely
- Represents the company by serving as a direct customer
- Communicates with customers and their representatives,
including building owners, subcontractors, and field support
- Identifies equipment to order for installation and as,sists in
determining schedule of need.
- Keeps current on Trane products concerning installation,
operation, maintenance, service, and repair of mechanical
- Provides technical support to customers on assigned
- Maintains vehicles by keeping records of service manuals,
scheduling, completed repairs and maintenance service.
- Maintains tools and equipment by inspecting for signs of
- Regular travel requirements with occasional overnight stays
within the territory.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent and 2-5 years of experience
in HVAC Installation; or equivalent combination of education
(Technical School) and experience is required.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working
proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12
months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but
not limited to:
- DUI in the previous 5 years.
- Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or
multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the
previous 3 years
- EPA Certification Preferred (e.g. HVAC Journeyman, Boiler
Operator, Gas Installer etc.).
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including
but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to
noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions,
precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of
hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires
employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently
lift and or move up to 40 lbs and occasionally lift and or move
more than 40 lbs.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity
reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age,
marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any
HVAC HVAC Technician
Keywords: Trane Technologies, Greenville , HVAC Installation Technician-Trane Technologies, Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!