Sales Engineer I - Spectrum Enterprise
Posted on: July 22, 2021
At a glance:
- Are you a technically sophisticated sales engineer skilled at
evaluating client networking requirements and recommending
solutions for their complex business needs?
- Can you commit to a sales support position providing pre-sale
activities and post-sale technical consultations for our technology
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and
a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work
environment that encourages our team members to reach their full
potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates
diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently
exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a
national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving
America's largest businesses and communications service providers.
The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and
managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and
networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's
industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to
achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to
meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum
Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
As a motivated Sales Engineer, you focus on exceeding client
expectations by simplifying their complex business needs. You excel
at gathering requirements for projects and engineering innovative
network solutions. Through your expertise and understanding of each
client's needs, you outline uniquely beneficial combinations of
Private Networking Solutions based on Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF)
standards and voice solutions. You accelerate the sales cycle by
sharing your expertise and presenting technical sales proposals to
new and existing clients. You effectively highlight the benefits of
our services with strong persuasive written abilities.
You are passionate about client-centric solutions and proactively
acquiring new enterprise accounts and converting them into
long-term clients. You possess a keen ability for overcoming
technical obstacles to cost-effectively meet client needs today and
in the future. You thrive in an office environment and feel
comfortable traveling to evaluate on site systems within a
specified footprint. You report directly to the Sales Engineering
Management for goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive salary.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.
What you will do:
- Be an impactful member of the sales team by supporting all
efforts to reach revenue goals and enhance the client
- Consult with clients, Account Executives and Account Managers
to craft cost-effective proposals based on an understanding of the
client current network environment and technical and business
- Engineer client-centric solutions by designing voice and data
network solutions for client applications, including the
preparation of network topologies and technical
- Prepare client voice and data network solution designs,
forecast project cost elements and submit them to Engineering and
Operations to maintain company compliance.
- Partner with Account Executives, Account Managers and Sales
Managers on solution pricing and submission of an Internal Rate of
- Improve sales by designing and reviewing proposal solutions and
creating technical presentations to explain product benefits to
midmarket clients with 25-500 employees.
- Encourage long-term client retention by supporting the
integration and implementation of company solutions with technical
sales support and answering complex questions.
- Set up a smooth installation process by conducting a client
site survey and distributing post-sale documentation and support to
installation and project management.
- Present technical training to new and existing Account
Executives, Account Managers and Sales Support personnel.
- Research and demonstrate industry knowledge and emerging
technology trends both in and out of Spectrum Enterprise.
- Enhance departmental processes by assisting in the development
and launch of new products and services.
- Perform additional duties and special projects related to the
position as assigned.
Required keys for success:
- Three or more years of experience in telecommunications sales
engineering and networking.
- Knowledgeable of Metro Ethernet, including digital powerline
(DPL), ethernet virtual private line (EVPL), ethernet local area
network (ELAN) and local area network (LAN) and wide area network
- Skilled in networking fundamentals related to routers,
switches, LAN, metro area network (MAN), WAN, digital signal 3
(DS3), operator carrier exchange (OC-x), channel service unit
(CSU), data service unit (DSU) and other client-premise equipment
- Detailed knowledge of domain name system (DNS), transmission
control protocol (TCP), internet protocol (IP), firewalls, virtual
private networks (VPNs) or other corporate data security
- Adept with general industry networking technologies, such as IP
VPN, multi-protocol label switching (MPLS), virtual private LAN
service (VPLS), voice over internet protocol (VoIP), synchronous
optical networking (SONET) and dense wavelength division
- Proven history of working closely with sales professionals and
knowledge of the sales cycle.
- Confident in product presentations and solid sales skills in
- Experience with voice networking with an emphasis on VoIP,
signaling protocols and private branch exchange (PBX).
- Expert in routing protocols, such as border gateway protocol
(BGP), intermediate system to intermediate system (ISIS), open
shortest path first (OSPF), radio interface protocol (RIP) as well
as emerging technologies.
- Deadline-driven with the ability to multi-task and manage
- History of efficiently conducting consultative analysis and
- Proven technical presentation skills with C-level
- Valid driver's license, safe driving record and availability to
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with
all levels of an organization.
- Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA), Cisco Certified
Network Associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Network Professional
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related
Keywords: Spectrum, Greenville , Sales Engineer I - Spectrum Enterprise, Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!