VITA Program Coordinator
Company: United Way of Greenville County
Posted on: November 22, 2021
VITA PROGRAM COORDINATOR POSITION DESCRIPTION WHO WE ARE
Greenville County continues to draw national attention as a popular
destination for visitors and a magnet for new development. Despite
our success, many people experience a different Greenville. Right
now, nearly 60,000 people are experiencing poverty in our county.
As the largest poverty-fighting organization in South Carolina,
United Way ofGreenville County's unique ability to take on
challenges like affordable housing, education, job training,
transportation, and other complex community issues-all at the same
time-is unmatched.WHAT WE DO We mobilize individuals and convene
partner agencies, corporations, and community leaders to make
broad, systemic change like no other organization can on its
own.United Way values the abilities and perspectives that make each
person who they are, empowering our employees to reach higher,
think differently, act innovatively, and work collaboratively.
People who work here provide the energy, expertise and creativity
that is critical to creating the lasting change our community
needs-and the opportunities to succeed that everyone deserves.As a
funder, partner and convener, United Way of Greenville County works
with the entire community to build resources, focus investments,
and foster partnerships that create lasting solutions to big
community problems.POSITION SUMMARYReports to: VITA Program Manager
The VITA Program Coordinator is a member of United Way of
Greenville County's Community Impact team and is responsible
administering the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program in
Greenville County. The VITA ProgramCoordinator will oversee
implementation of VITA services at partner sites during the season
and operate year-round tax services at the Opportunity
- Serve as a primary point of contact for clients and volunteers
to address questions or concerns. Respond to routine telephone and
e-mail inquiries and correspondence in a timely manner.
- Hire, train and supervise seasonal site coordinators in
delivering VITA services.
- Preparation of annual calendar and agenda content, development
of site and volunteer schedules, event coordination.
- Oversee updates of all software, records, reports, and Standard
Operating Procedures (SOP) as needed.
- Compiles and disseminates program reports, materials, and
documents to various parties.
- Provide technical assistance and support to volunteers,
AmeriCorps members, and taxpayers, as necessary.
- Provide management support to both volunteers and sites,
ensuring appropriate coverage for each shift (i.e. on- call site
- Oversee and manage VITA site establishment and close out
policies and procedures, inventory and maintenance of site supplies
and technology, and other required materials.
- Coordinate the distribution, collection, and re-inventory of
all VITA equipment and supplies and submit requests for purchases
- Follow site establishment and close out policies and procedures
to ensure tax sites can operate efficiently and
- Along with CI Leadership, identify and confirm the schedule of
tax site locations, including hours/days of operations. Communicate
any revisions to all relevant parties (i.e. appointment scheduling
team) and update scheduling systems accordingly.
- Resolve minor situations that arise in the daily operations
exhibiting the judgement to refer more difficult or sensitive
concerns to the appropriate staff member.
- Administer the troubleshooting of technology issues that may
arise such as printer installation, networking issues, or minor
- Address equipment, software, supply and other site needs in a
timely manner, working together with the IRS and UWGC VITA
- Develop presentation and training materials, including
PowerPoint and other visual presentations.
- Design and implement operational plans for providing tax
assistance in-person and through alternative methods(drop
off/pickup, 100% virtual etc.), including utilization of the
GetYourRefund cloud-based client management software for 100%
- Complete all IRS VITA certifications (Basic, Advanced, etc.)
and provide preparation assistance, Quality Reviews, and Site
Coordination as needed.
- Develop the training schedule and curricula for all volunteer
positions including AmeriCorps members. Conduct training and study
sessions for participants.
- Developing and administering volunteer recruitment strategies
including presentations, speaking engagements, events,
- Collaborate with other United Way departments to support and
facilitate a positive cross-functional working relationship.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or two years of
professional experience related to volunteer management, customer
service, and/or tax preparation.
- Ability to pass a suitability check (a tax compliance check, a
criminal background check, etc.).
- Valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and cell
- Ability to work non-standard work schedule (evenings &
weekends) as needed during tax season.
- Experience with program management, public speaking, and
- Knowledge and use of current Microsoft Office and its
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; compassionate
ability to work with the public; works well with diverse
populations of clients and volunteers. United Way of Greenville
County offers competitive compensation based on prior experience
and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to
best support our people. Benefits we offer include: health, dental
and vision insurance where United Way of Greenville County pays
generously towards the cost of these benefits for eligible
employees and their families. United Way of Greenville County is an
equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is
decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
November 2021Job Types: Full-time, ContractSchedule:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availabilityEducation:
- Bachelor's (Preferred)Work Location: One location
Keywords: United Way of Greenville County, Greenville , VITA Program Coordinator, Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!