Client Experience Banker - Lead Teller - Verdae
Company: Southern First Bank
Posted on: November 22, 2021
At Southern First, we believe banking is about people, and we're
making a difference one client and one banker at a time. Rooted in
service and family, our core values make up the foundation of our
company and the way we do business. Those values include serving
others, cherishing our family culture, competing with a passion for
winning, celebrating our victories, and enjoying the journey along
the way. Every day, our team proudly carries out our mission of
impacting lives in the communities we serve.Headquartered in
beautiful Greenville, SC, Southern First is locally owned and led
with $2.6 billion in assets and 260 associates across eight growing
Southeastern markets in three states. Our relationship-first
approach to banking is backed by our commitment to investing in
easy-to-use technology, giving our clients all of the tools they
need to easily manage their finances whenever, wherever.If you are
passionate about impacting lives in our community and building
long-lasting client relationships, we'd love for you to join our
team. Our purpose is to enable dreams, earn trust, and exceed
Responsible for operating a teller window while providing prompt,
efficient and accurate client service, representing the Bank in a
courteous, professional manner, able to uncover client needs beyond
the immediate transaction and successfully transition the client to
the appropriate team member to address that need.
- Responsible for being support for the Client Experience Officer
by assisting with servicing, maintenance and all other retail
deposit needs. Provides prompt, efficient and accurate service via
telephone, email, and in person.
- Accept deposits, verifying cash and endorsements, and issues
- Cash checks
- Process credit card advances.
- Process night deposit bags.
- Redeem U.S. Savings Bonds.
- Issue, log in, and sign cashier's checks and sign loan proceeds
- Accept loan payments and safe deposit box rental payments.
- Answer client inquiries and gives balances.
- Balance transactions at end of day and verifies cash
- Assure full compliance with BSA and Reg CC.
- Assist in the support of Client Experience Officers by
assisting in the daily maintenance of existing relationships. This
includes support for Electronic Banking, Mobile Banking, BillPay,
HorizonXE, Electronic Funds Transfers etc.
- Work closely with the Client Experience Officer/Client
Experience Relationship Team to handle any client retail deposit
needs in the absence of Client Experience Officer.
- Research and answer client inquiries; discuss products and
- Cross-sell the bank's services and products by developing and
maintaining a strong working knowledge of all relevant Bank
products and services.
- Perform safe deposit box services.
- Research and verify account information and resolve problems
for clients as necessary.
- May include answering and directing incoming client phone calls
by discerning the levels of priority as well as determining what
can or cannot be handled at the level confined to the front
- Adhere to high ethical standards and comply with all
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Lead Teller Position
May be granted override permissions for teller team transactions
and teller systems.
- May assist management in developing strategies and processes to
exceed client service via the teller line.
- May be responsible to coach and teach team to deliver
exceptional service to clients.
- May assist management with teller team appraisals and
individual teller development plans and career training
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES OR DETAILS
- Perform backup functions such as account and debit card file
maintenance, process check orders, etc.
- May assist Client Experience Officer in training, vault
maintenance, scheduling, opening and closing.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent experience..
- Banking Experience preferable, ideally on both the teller and
- Cash handling accuracy.
- Interpersonal skills to represent the Bank in a positive way in
dealing with the general public, clients and other team
- Ability to effectively communicate while displaying the
professional demeanor which is identified with Southern First
- Ability to adjust to change and a willingness to be a team
- Outgoing personality and a genuine desire to meet the
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance,
punctuality and personal appearance.
- Ability to operate computer and other standard office equipment
such as a typewriter, 10 key calculator/adding machine, copier, and
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a rapid response rate
for acknowledging clients in person as well as incoming calls.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of retail banking rules, regulations, policies and
- Successful completion of all training deemed necessary by the
- This position must be able to sit for long periods of time as
position involves majority of time spent at desk and computer.
- Little to no travel required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Southern First Bank, Greenville , Client Experience Banker - Lead Teller - Verdae, Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!