Adult Group Leader
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionSAFY is seeking a Seasonal Adult Group Leader for
our Greenville division in South Carolina. As a Adult Group Leader
you will be responsible for leading, and preparing for, weekly
group meetings with participating adults. Who We Are At SAFY, our
mission is Preserving Families & Securing Futures. For over 35
years, our work has rested on a single, radical idea – children
belong in families. We believe that every child and family deserves
the opportunity to reach their full potential. We are an
extraordinary team of 500 employees in seven states providing
services such as Family Preservation & Reunification, Behavioral
Health, Therapeutic Foster Care, Adoption Services and Older Youth
Services so the families and children we serve can build resilience
and thrive. What You'll Do
- Lead parent skill-based group weekly (14-week cycle) while
implementing evidence-based curricula with fidelity.
- Prepare and post outlines and/or visuals and determine roles
and responsibilities with the other adult group leaders.
- Prepare handouts and incentives for group participants.
- Finalize details and set up group room for each session. Clean
up and complete paperwork at the end of each session.
- Meet with co-leaders after group sessions to review and
debrief. Plan for how to address any unresolved issues.
- Review the session to be implemented for the following week
from the parent group leader manual. Prepare activities, outlines,
handouts, visuals and/or role plays for the sessions.
- Review the child group leader manual so you are aware of
material being covered in the child groups.
- Attends required staff meetings within division, region, and
central office. Meets regularly with supervisor to discuss issues
and performance. Participates in committee meetings.What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and
experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated
to serve the children and families in our care. You'll be right at
home if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate
strong relationships, understand the power of diversity, advocate
for equity, aspire to lead through inclusion, and push yourself,
your work and the people around you to the next level.
- Education -
- A high school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Years of Experience -
- 1 years of group experience, as a participant and/or leaderWhat
- Targeted hiring range: $13.00 - $15.00 per hour
- Compensation is commensurate with transferrable experience,
education and licensure of candidate, along with internal equity
and budgeted amount for the role.
- 401(k) Retirement plan with company match
- SAFY is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to
maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. SAFY does not
discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on
the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin,
age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, arrest record,
conviction record, or any other personal characteristic protected
by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services,
policies, and procedures of SAFY, including recruiting, hiring,
training, promotion, and administering all personnel actions, such
as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs or
Keywords: SAFY, Greenville , Adult Group Leader, Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!