Senior Structural Engineer
Posted on: July 29, 2022
Job_category: ATS - GOF SALSalary_interval: Salaried -
ExemptApplication_instructions: Would you like to be part of a
family who loves to take on exciting challenges? Metromont
Corporation has been one of the leaders in the construction
industry for nearly a century and is currently accepting resumes
for Senior Structural Engineer to be part of our dynamic team! This
position opening is to be located at our Greenville, SC location.
Metromont was founded in 1925 on the principles of faith, honor,
and passion, and 96 years later, those values are still the
foundation of who we are and everything we do. A third-generation
company with nearly 1,500 associates across six manufacturing
facilities in South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, and Virginia,
Metromont is a leader and pioneer in the engineering and
manufacturing of precast concrete. Most of all, we're a trusted
partner, working side-by-side with our customers from the earliest
stages of project design through turnover of the completed
structure. In addition to the production of precast concrete,
Metromont provides our customers with complementary design and
engineering, hauling, erection, and field services to support their
full construction needs. Across the eastern seaboard, the
southeast, and even as far west as Arizona, our customers rely on
us to provide innovative precast solutions and the best quality for
their parking structures, data centers, multifamily housing, office
buildings, warehouses, schools, and stadiums. And we do, because a
trusted partner is who we are - and who we've been for nearly a
century. Position DescriptionThis position includes senior-level
structural engineers with PE certification who provide leadership,
training, industry experience, and technical expertise. The Senior
Structural Engineer has the ability to take on technically
complicated, complex projects.
- Perform engineering calculations and details for all products
and connections.Independently perform lateral analysis and design;
troubleshoot and check laterals.
- Lead project teams.
- Independently manage engineering design aspects of a project
with minimal assistance or guidance.
- Review contract documents to be familiar with project
- Attend project meetings and lead coordination meetings.
- Write and review complex requests for information (RFI).
- Resolve design issues independently and assist others with
solving engineering design related problems.
- Serve as point of contact for Metromont engineers and
subcontractors for resolution of more complicated technical
questions and problems.
- Check engineering design calculations and details of others
including that of external consultants for accuracy, efficiency,
and adherence to Metromont standards and
- Engineering Design Process.
- Review erection drawings, master shop tickets, and any
additional shop tickets to ensure designs and standards are
- Aware of production through regular plant visits and
participation in plant meetings relevant to assigned projects.
- Become licensed in states where engineering work is performed
and, when assigned, reviews and stamps erection drawings,
calculations, and repair details.
- Evaluate design cost as compared to estimate and take
- Complete repairs without assistance.
- May be an active participant in external industry organizations
such as PCI and ACI.
- Participate in pre-sale engineering design processes as
requested by the sales department.
- Must adhere to all Metromont and OSHA safety rules and
regulations.How do we take care of you?Benefits:
- Medical, Rx, Dental, Vision Insurance, Telehealth, and Health
Savings Account available on your first day of employment
- Wellness Program to support employee health
- 401K with company match
- Paid Vacation
- 7 paid holidays
- Safety Shoe voucher - $150
- Continuing Education Program Position Requirements
- 7+ years of relevant engineering experience - internal or
- Previous precast concrete engineering design knowledge
- Highly dependable with strong work ethic
- Eager to learn
- Able to work individually or on a team
- Strongly values relationships and interaction with people
- Maintains a balanced perspective about change; adapts when
necessary while placing value in consistency of processes
- Positive outlook
- Computer skills (experience with engineering design software
- Analytical thinker with above average problem-solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong personal organization skills
- Above average ability to manage multiple priorities
- Values teaching and demonstrates a willingness to develop
- Demonstrated ability to managed multiple projects and
priorities, maintain project schedules, and work effectively within
a project team
- Above average assertiveness; proactively addresses project
- Strong communication skills
- Able to document ongoing information on projects for record
- Able to adapt to changes in work schedules, tasks, or
- Values and demonstrates safe working behaviors
- BS Civil Engineering required; structural emphasis
- PE Certification required Equal Opportunity EmployerMetromont
Corporation (Company) is an equal opportunity employer. The Company
is committed to the spirit and letter of all federal, state and
local laws and regulations pertaining to equal opportunity. To this
end, the Company does not discriminate against any individual with
regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity,sexual
orientation, pregnancy (including medical needs due to pregnancy,
child birth or other medical conditions), national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other protected
status. This Policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges
of employment, as well as the use of all Company facilities.The
Company is also committed to making reasonable accommodations based
on an individual's disability, religion, pregnancy, childbirth and
related medical conditions (including, but not limited to,
lactation), or any other protected status where a reasonable
accommodation is required under the law.No form of unlawful
discrimination, unlawful harassment, unlawful refusal to reasonably
accommodate or unlawful retaliation will be tolerated.Equal
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)PI186389468
Keywords: Metromont, Greenville , Senior Structural Engineer, Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!