GEOTECHNICAL STAFF PROFESSIONAL EIT
Company: S&ME, Inc.
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Position: Geotechnical Staff Professional (EIT)Requisition
Number: 2022-2150-05Are you looking for a rewarding career where
you can flourish as an individual and as part of a growing, engaged
team? S&ME is a leading, employee-owned, multi-disciplined
professional services firm that responds to clients with
innovative, sustainable solutions. S&ME strives to create an
environment where everyone can be their best by providing a
supportive atmosphere of entrepreneurial growth, to build growing
relationships, and to take on increasingly complex project
opportunities. We recruit top talent and are currently seeking a
full-time Geotechnical Staff Professional to join our team in the
beautiful city of Greenville, South Carolina.Why work at
- We are an employee-owned engineering firm, which means the hard
work and dedication you provide everyday directly contributes to
the health and performance of a company you are part-owner of.
- Our purpose is "helping you prosper", and this applies to our
employees as well as our clients and communities.
- We serve diverse markets that include transportation, energy,
water/wastewater, commercial development, industry, healthcare,
education, and government.
- Our core values are not some slogan borrowed from a
motivational poster, but drive to the heart of who we are and what
we do each day. They include: Listen First, Work and Grow Together,
Do the Right Things and Do Things Right, Do What You Say, Lead from
Where You Are, and Be Safe.Sound like a place where you could
thrive? Then read on. This position provides the opportunity for
working outdoors on sites within the Greenville/Spartanburg area,
the nearby western North Carolina mountainous terrain, and other
areas of upstate South Carolina. This position provides a balance
of office and field engineering experience. Key
- Coordination of field explorations, field logging of soil
samples, performing engineering calculations/design.
- Preparation of proposals and reports.
- Project and client support.
- Occasional support for the construction materials service line,
including observations of proofroll evaluations, foundation
evaluations, ground improvement, and deep foundation
- Position will work under the supervision of a Licensed
- This position will require some travel.
- Qualified candidates must have excellent verbal and written
communication skills, a strong work ethic, and possess the ability
to work as a team player.Qualifications/Minimum Requirements:
- BS required/MS preferred in Civil, Geotechnical, or Geological
Engineering, or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- I.T. certification preferred.
- 0-4 years of professional experience.
- Basic working knowledge of construction plans and
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office with the
ability to learn commercial software applications.
- Experience with geotechnical software applications a plus.
- Strong verbal and written and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Overnight, out-of-town travel and the ability to work outside
normal business hours.
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions.
- Routine lifting: 40 to 50 lbs.This is a full-time position with
competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet
requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance
Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter,
and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified
candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification
(I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME
reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or
external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not
responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes
using external links/websites.No candidate/recruiter calls,
personal calls, or walk-ins accepted.EOE including
disability/vetsVEVRAA Federal Contractor
Keywords: S&ME, Inc., Greenville , GEOTECHNICAL STAFF PROFESSIONAL EIT, Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!