Security Guard- Greenville SC Convention Center
Company: Oak View Group
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Oak View GroupOak View Group is a sports and entertainment
company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena
development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance,
sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications,
conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is
headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout
the world.OverviewUnder direct supervision from the Public
Safety/Security Supervisor, the Security Guard provides general
protection of facility property and personnel; monitors facility
and protects against fire, damage and theft; provides general
information and assistance to facility guests; and serves as the
lead for all Base Security systems. In the absence of the Director
of Safety & Security and/or Security Coordinator, the Security
Guard may receive event-related instructions from Event Managers or
general instructions from the Manager on Duty and/or the Assistant
General Manage -OVG, an industry leader in sports, entertainment,
and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing
individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to
contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization.
- Patrols facility; lock and unlock doors as required; guard
property against fire, theft and damage.
- Observe facilities and equipment for needed maintenance and
repairs; recognize and report damage and safety hazards. Complete
incident report forms in accordance with department standards,
including photos where appropriate, documenting damages.
- Observe public; provide general information, directions and
assistance to facility guests; report suspicious behavior to the
Security Base Operator.
- Assist medical personnel by directing traffic, crowd control
and securing needed equipment.
- Exchange all current facility information with base officer
coming on duty.
- Check Lutron system hourly for the status of all facility
lights. Have operational knowledge of Lutron system, including the
partitioning of meeting spaces as requested.
- Maintain logs, Issues and receives equipment. Manage lost and
- Completes reports by recording observations, information,
occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses;
- Be aware of the location and use of emergency alarms and
equipment; Monitor the facilitys Fire Alarm System and follow
established procedures in case of fire, power outages, civil unrest
or other emergencies. Review on an ongoing basis and be prepared to
implement the policies and procedures in the Centers Emergency
- Ensure correct and orderly flow of event personnel from shift
to shift; maintain open dialogue with all event supervisors;
monitor and maintain event staff sign-in sheets in absence of
- Sign all visitors in and out; issue and maintain outside
- Maintain a comprehensive log of all pertinent facility
information throughout entire work shift.
- Monitor CCTV system throughout work shift and report any
unusual activity to the Director of Safety & Security, Security
Coordinator and Roving Security Guard.
- Activate and disseminate pertinent information through the
Centers emergency Public Address system.
- Provide general information, directions and assistance to
facility clients and guests.
- Perform regular inspection of CCTV, Access Card Reader, and
fire/life safety equipment.
- Maintain the Security Base office in a clean, presentable and
- Informs and educates violators of policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Work with exhibitors to follow shipping/receiving and
- Secure and unsecure perimeter of the venue before and after
- Unlock building for staff and guest
- Secure and unsecure meeting rooms
- Secure and unsecure parking surface lots for parking
- Collect and log lost and found items
- Provide security post in lobby areas during events
- Check in 3rd party event security company when they are on
- Ensure there are not blocked exits during active events
- Act as first responders to medical or incident
- Engage with medical emergency vehicles and direct to correct
- Engage in CPR procedures and training once a year and clear
emergency exit ways
- Support the Information Desk in front lobby during active
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working in a safety,
security or crowd management capacity.
- High school diploma, or equivalent GED
- Possession of or ability to obtain a VA state guard card.
- Possession of or ability to obtain CPR/AED certification.
- Possession of or ability to obtain certification in Crowd
- Possession of or ability to obtain a Virginia drivers license
or ID..Strengthened by our Differences. United to Make a
Difference.At OVG, we understand that to continue positively
disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a
diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity
drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service,
and raises our excellence. Our success is rooted in creating
environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in
which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed
to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.Vaccination
StatementWe are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office
locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams,
employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S.
and Canada. We highly encourage our employees to continue to get
vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. - -Should circumstances
change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole
or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests,
performers, athletes, and partners.EEOOak View Group is committed
to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against
employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized
basis (protected class) including, but not limited to veteran
status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic
information or any other protected class under federal, state, or
Keywords: Oak View Group, Greenville , Security Guard- Greenville SC Convention Center, Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!