Senior Piping Designer/Project Team Lead
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Piping
Designer/Project Team Lead. This position reports to the
Mechanical/Piping Department Manager as well as the Project Manager
or Project Lead. If you have a successful track record and thrive
on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity
- Will interface with other Discipline Leads, HVEC Centers,
Project Managers, and Clients.
- Shall have the ability to Layout Process Equipment and Piping
Systems using 2D and 3D software packages to produce drawings from
concept through construction issue with little guidance.
- Will Design and Model piping systems including supports using
3D modeling software. Aveva E3D preferred.
- Checks piping design and detail drawings including General
Layouts, Piping Orthographics, Isometrics and Pipe Support
- Coordinates designs with other piping team members and with
- Evaluate vendor equipment for design applications and assist
with equipment specifications and reviews.
- Examine and validate drawings for quality and compliance.
- Examine, validate and coordinate other discipline designs for
compliance with layouts.
- Work with laser scans to get "as-built" information and work
- Visit Client plant sites to evaluate design options and take
- As Team Lead, will be responsible for Schedule, Budget, and
Quality of Teams work.
- WIll estimate project tasks and comletion of tasks.
Skills / Qualifications
- Senior level skill in piping desgin across multiple industries.
Shall be able to evaluate and spot deficiencies in design and
provide guidance to retify any incorrect designs
- Minimum 10 year minimum experience with piping layout, design,
checking, and supports involving:
- Power Plants
- Water Treatment Plants
- Process and Chemical Plants
- Forest Industry Plants
- Pharmaceutical Plants
- As Team Lead - may have less CAD experience skill in lieu of
project leadership expereince.
- Associated Degree or 2 year College coarse work preferred.
Experience in lieu of Education is acceptable.
- Minimum of 2 years of 2D AutoCad experience.
- Proficient in Navisworks 3D model software for design
- Extensive knowledge of piping design standards, specifications,
guides and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of pipe support design.
- Knowledge of pipe stress analysis and ability to work with pipe
- Working knowledge of ASME B31.1 and ASME B31.3 piping
- Experience with equipment design, layout, and installation of
systems is required.
- Site engineering and construction experience is a plus.
- MS Office suite skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effectively communicate with all levels of an organization
- Must be able to physical move about in an Industrial Plant and
be able to climb ladders, stairs, and access tight places.
- Occasional travel to project site is required.
- Must be able to take field measurements with tape measure, and
other electronic measuring devices.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from
Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across
energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to
some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide
consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60
countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a
diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and
without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list):
race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or
other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing
Keywords: Wood, Greenville , Senior Piping Designer/Project Team Lead, Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!