Company: Hyatt Regency Greenville
Posted on: November 23, 2022
We are looking for a House person to join our World class team
at the Hyatt Regency, Downtown Greenville! and provide excellent
customer service to our hotel guests. House person responsibilities
include excellent cleanliness standards to attend all areas of our
facilities. The goal is to enhance customer experience by keeping
our facilities in clean and orderly condition. If you're
interesting in kickstarting your career in the hotel industry, we'd
like to meet you. Ultimately, you will ensure a pleasant and
comfortable experience for our guests during their stay with
The purpose of the House Person is to assure the overall success of
the hotel by meeting or exceeding the guest expectation for product
cleanliness. The House Person must ensure guest satisfaction
through hotel cleanliness and attention to our guests needs.
- Ensures that each Guest receives outstanding Guest Service by
providing a Guest friendly environment which includes greeting and
acknowledging every Guest, maintaining outstanding standards, solid
product knowledge and all other components of Guest Service.
- Empowered to guarantee total guest satisfaction, display
hospitality and professionalism to our guests at all times, take
pride in representing AURO Hotels professionally with our guests
and assuring that all transactions with guests are handled in a
legal and ethical manner.
- Understands and apply all property safety and security procedures
to maintain a secure and safe environment for associates and guests
at all times. In the event of an accident or emergency, gets
medical attention if necessary and contacts the GM or Human
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company
associates to foster and promote a positive working
*Essential Job Functions*
- Responsible for stocking room attendant carts with adequate
supplies to complete assigned rooms and maintain an efficient
- Maintain equipment such as vacuum and cleaning equipment. Empty
vacuum cleaner bag as necessary.
- Notify supervisor when shortage of supplies is noticed.
- Remove trash and dirty linens from room attendant's carts.
- Insure that hotel public areas are within the standards of AURO
Hotels and the Brand.
- Clean furniture, elevators, glass, planters, etc. in public areas
such as lobby, pool and public restrooms. Sweep and vacuum floors,
hallways and stairwells.
- Report maintenance problems and complete work repair orders.
- Spot clean walls, carpets, light fixtures and room attendant
carts at the end of the day.
- Turn in articles left in rooms to management for "Lost and Found"
following hotel procedures.
- Responsible for replenishing supply storerooms in the hotel;
Rotate linens in storerooms.
- Maintain shelf organization in the storerooms.
- Has a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Take corrective action where required to improve safety of work
- Maintain security of keys and hotel as assigned.
- Deliver special request items such as cribs to guest rooms.
- Keep immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all
problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Perform job duties with a minimum of disruption of the guest.
- Work with machinery both indoor and outdoors including but not
limited to: vacuum cleaners, electric and manual hand tools, and
carpet-cleaning machines, floor buffers, etc.
*Other Duties and Responsibilities *
* Complies with Company Standards of Service as outlined for AURO
* Projects a favorable image of AURO Hotels to the public at all
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and
efficient manner in accordance with established company policies
and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this
* Treats guests, vendors, customers and co-workers with
professionalism and respect at all times.
* Completes Departmental, AURO Hotels and Brand standards training
* Maintains a clean and neat appearance at all times.
* Must be able to work flexible work hours/schedule including
evenings, weekends and holidays.
* *Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to
assign or reassign duties, work hours and/or responsibilities for
this job at any time.*
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel
so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties
outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
High School Diploma Preferred
*Certificates & Licenses*
Valid State Driver's License (anyone driving a Company vehicle or
required to drive as a part of their job); Others required by Brand
Standard and/or State Law.
Ability to speak effectively with customers and/or associates.
Ability to write clearly and legibly.
Able to perform basic math problems.
Ability to solve basic problems and/or know when it is necessary to
get a manager to assist in problem solving.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an associate encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Work for this position is usually performed in
a climate-controlled environment. However, the associate may be
required to work outside in extreme heat, cold, rain, wind or
inclement weather as the demands of the position so dictate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. The associate is _occasionally _required to
talk and/or hear. The associate is _frequently _required to lift up
to 40 pounds. While performing the duties of this job the associate
is _constantly_ required to use hands and fingers to handle or lift
items. The associate is _constantly_ required to stand and walk,
climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or reach with hands and
arms. The associate is also _constantly_ required to use their
vision to perform an activity such as but not limited to
determining the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $13.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Parental leave
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* 10 hour shift
* 12 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Night shift
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Greenville, SC 29601: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* High school or equivalent (Required)
* Basic math: 1 year (Preferred)
* Driver's License (Required)
* Day Shift (Preferred)
* Night Shift (Preferred)
* Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Hyatt Regency Greenville, Greenville , House Person, Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!