Company: VOLKE Consulting Ltd.
Posted on: November 25, 2022
As Packaging Engineer, you are responsible for implementing,
improving, and maintaining the packaging standards for the
operations including inbound raw material and outbound customer
packaging. You will be responsible for improving packaging
performance with attention to supplier relations, material and
suppler specifications, line-side delivery efficiencies and various
internal functional group requirements. As Packaging Engineer, you
are leading /coordinating all processes in this regards and you are
fully responsible for the financial management of the investment
and budget planning / spending.
This role is located with our client in the Greer, SC area.
* Design proper packaging to protect and preserve product
* Responsible leader for the development / implementation of new
* Development of new packaging concepts
* Leader of the packaging review process to get the buy off for the
racks from part suppliers and the plant process partner
* Works with internal associates for packaging changes (CCB -
change control board).
* Monitor part profile information
* Work with direct and indirect supplier to assure supplier
conformance to packing item specifications
* Update service parts packaging standards as needed
* Maintain quantity packs and audit for conformance
* Assist in negotiating indirect supply agreements specific to
* Provide packaging cost quotes as needed using approved packaging
* Fully responsible for the investment planning and the fund
management (several Mio USD / year)
* Fully responsible for the maintenance / modification budget
planning and the fund management ( > 100K$ / year)
* Bachelor degree in Packaging Engineering or equivalent of 4 years
experience in manufacturing environment.
* 3- 5 years minimum demonstrated work experience in packaging
design / specification (inbound and outbound), line side
presentation, engineering change control, and inventory
* 3-5 years experience in material flow planning, experience in
material train planning.
* Experience with material flow and engineering drawings.
* Advanced knowledge of material handling equipment
* Experience in packaging design - disposable and returnable /
leveraging common packaging designs
* Good understanding of how to minimize dunnage and repacking
* Experience of design and/or guidance of line side rack
*What we offer*
This position is for a long term renewable contract with an
excellent hourly rate including benefits including but not limited
to medical, dental, vision, FSA and 401k along with paid holidays
and vacation days.
Please apply ONLY if you fulfill the above mentioned minimum
Job Type: Full-time
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Greenville, SC 29607: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: VOLKE Consulting Ltd., Greenville , Packaging Engineer, Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!