Personal Banker Associate I - Greenville and surrounding areas (SC)
Company: Fifth Third Bank
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Make banking a Fifth Third better
We connect great people to great opportunities. Are you ready to
take the next step? Discover a career in banking at Fifth Third
Bank.GENERAL FUNCTION:Selected candidates are intended to become a
Retail Personal Banker I after completing a 4-8 week on-boarding
and education program that includes rotations in operations and
Sales & Service. There will be a certification at the conclusion of
the program to provide selected candidates the opportunity to
demonstrate skills necessary to successfully perform a role within
the Retail Personal Banker job family. The Personal Banker I is a
Financial Center position focused on using the consultative sales
process to proactively identify and meet the financial needs of
customers or prospects. The Personal Banker I maintains focus on
acquiring new households and/or deepening existing customer
relationships through a variety of activities, including but not
limited to lobby leadership (Financial Centers) or aisle time (Bank
Marts) and tele-consulting. This role is responsible for processing
teller transactions as well as working as a member of the platform
staff.Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging
ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following
policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing
the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that
actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While
operating within the Bank's risk appetite, achieves results by
consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and
reporting risks of all types.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Use the consultative sales process and Financial Needs
Assessment to build a thorough customer profile and identify
current and future financial needs.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Retail consumer and small
business products/services and recommend appropriate solutions
using our value proposition.
- Utilize CAMP and other approved Marketing tools to proactively
reach out to customers and set appointments for periodic financial
- Primarily focused on cross-selling to existing customer base
and engaging in outside sales activities (i.e. Membership Advantage
onsite presentations, business sales calls, community financial
literacy events, etc.) as directed.
- Establish close working relationships with assigned Business
Partners (Mortgage, Small Business, Commercial and Investment),
referring customers when appropriate to provide timely, and
holistic financial solutions.
- Consistently meet/exceed customer experience and
individual/team production goals and enhance year-over-year revenue
growth as measured by the Financial Center P&L.
- Provide guidance to CSRs with respect to the sales and referral
- Promote customer satisfaction with a friendly, helpful demeanor
- Act with confidence by answering customer questions and owning
- Maintain a position of trust and responsibility by keeping all
- Follow the Bancorp Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and
other related policies, maintaining ethical behavior at all
- Adhere to established policies and procedures while
opening/servicing the full range of Retail products.
- Participate in the consumer loan and bankcard process, owning
sourced loans from application through closing.
- Participate in the opening/closing process of the Financial
Center or Bank Mart as directed by the Financial Center
- Keep up to date on Retail procedures in place to mitigate
fraudulent activity and unnecessary risk or exposure.SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITIES:None.MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- College degree or work experience providing transferrable
skills, or, combination of education and experience.
- Experience in the financial industry preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop comfort level with sales
activities designed to acquire new consumer household and small
business customers and/or cross-sell to established customers.
- Must be able to demonstrate understanding of advanced math
functions that will allow for analysis of credit and financial
- Ability to professionally represent Fifth Third Bank in terms
of appearance and verbal/written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a working knowledge of Retail
policies and procedures in order to utilize good judgment in making
- This position requires S.A.F.E. Act registration at the time of
employment through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
The NMLS web site (mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org) provides
the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this
- Normal office environment.
- Extending viewing of computer screens.
- This program will require the ability to travel within the
affiliate for training as well as scheduling flexibility.
- Travel outside of the affiliate will be required for various
classroom training sessions.Personal Banker Associate I -
Greenville and surrounding areas (SC)LOCATION -- Greenville, South
Carolina 29601Fifth Third Bank, National Association is proud to
have an engaged and inclusive culture and to promote and ensure
equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless
of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran
status or any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Fifth Third Bank, Greenville , Personal Banker Associate I - Greenville and surrounding areas (SC), Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!