Posted on: March 11, 2023
- Microscopic examination of GYN and NON-GYN specimens
identifying and classifying cellular materials for independent sign
out or pathologist's review. This is performed within the
guidelines found in SOP of the Cytology Dept.
- Maintain specimen integrity and patient identification of all
- Enter diagnostic findings into computer.
- Assist radiologist and pathologists in procurement of
specimens, including technical processing.
- Consults with medical staff and other health care providers
while obtaining pertinent patient information within HIPPA
- Prepare and maintain individual QA monitors (i.e. monthly
screening documentation sheets).
- Prepare reports and maintain files and records according to
guidelines of regulatory agencies.
- Handle client communications if needed.
- Participate or perform Cytoprep duties if required
- Perform other tests and other technical duties as needed.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of
this position.Skills:Staining, Histology, Ascp, Cytotechnology,
Microscope, ASCP certification, Laboratory, Pathology, GYN, abhes,
HHS, Medical technology, Cytology, Cytogenetics, Diagnosis,
GenecologyAdditional Skills & Qualifications:Cytotechnologists
focus on a general variety of diseases found by using a microscope
to detect abnormalities in human body cells. A similar role,
cytogenetic technology, focuses on disorders related to DNA
mutations or abnormalities.In a typical day, cytotechnologists work
with pathologists by:
- Using a microscope to examine the cells of the body
- Interpreting cells collected from cytological techniques, such
as a Pap test, as normal or abnormal
- Detecting changes in human cells that indicate cancer, disease,
or other abnormalities
- Collaborating with a pathologist to provide a timely diagnosis
to allow physicians to provide appropriate treatmentExperience
Level:Intermediate Level About Actalent: Actalent connects passion
with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services
capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to
help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the
globe are making an impact. We're supporting critical initiatives
in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the
world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through
experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the
difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the
global leader in talent solutions. The company is an equal
opportunity employer and will consider all applications without
regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin,
veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity,
genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Actalent, Greenville , Cytotechnologist, Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...