Physician-Family Medicine - Powdersville
Company: Prisma Health
Posted on: March 14, 2023
Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.Job
SummaryThe Prisma Health Physician is responsible for the provision
of quality medical services to patients of Prisma Health-University
- Engages in the diagnosis, prevention, or treatment of disease,
defects or injuries and recommend or prescribe treatments for the
relief or cure of physical, mental or functional ailments or
- Renders medical treatment to his or her patients consistent
with generally accepted professional standards of care without
regard to their ability to pay for such treatment and without
regard to race, creed, color, sex, religion, national origin, or
- Completes accurate, legible, and timely records with respect to
all medical examinations and procedures; to accurately use Current
Procedural Terminology and International Classification of Diseases
- Provides after hours call coverage equally with other
physicians of the Practice unless there is an agreement
- Complies with standards of accepted medical practice, the rules
and regulations of managed care organizations and other payors,
including but not limited to Medicare and Medicaid (except to the
extent those rules conflict with Physician's professional medical
judgment), and the standards of the Joint Commission on
Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
- Enhances clinical skills by maintaining sufficient continuing
medical education to meet the requirements of the Physician's
certification and/or state licensing board.
- Agrees to actively participate in non-revenue generating
activities which serve to advance the Vision and Mission of Prisma
Health. As an Academic Health Center, these activities may range
from serving on committees, community outreach, helping to meet the
teaching, the research goals and/or other activities as determined
by the appropriate Department Chair. These important expectations
are shared by all providers within Prisma Health-University Medical
Group and are key elements of a high performing, integrated,
physician led organization.
- Participates in responding to requests for proposals for
managed care contracts.
- Participates in the establishment of quality assurance
programs, utilization management programs, patient education
services, and patient satisfaction programs.
- Assists Employer in obtaining and maintaining any and all
licenses, permits and other authorizations, plus achieving any
applicable accreditation standards that relate to the business of
Physician's Practice or Department.Supervisory/Management
ResponsibilityThis is a non-management job that will report to a
supervisor, manager, director, or executive.Minimum Requirements
- Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Successful Completion of Residency; Board Certified or Board
Eligible; Medical Staff PrivilegesRequired
- South Carolina Medical License
- South Carolina Controlled Substance License
- Drug Enforcement Agency NumberOther Required Skills and
- Basic Computer Skills
- Knowledge of Office Equipment (fax/copier)
- Mathematical skills
- Specialty specific skillsWork ShiftDay (United States of
America)LocationBEH Powdersville Fam/Int MedFacility2389 BE
FM-PowdersvilleDepartment23891000 BE FM-Powdersville-Practice
OperationsShare your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to
transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve.
The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in
every role here at Prisma Health.
Keywords: Prisma Health, Greenville , Physician-Family Medicine - Powdersville, Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...