Posted on: March 16, 2023
R10007732 Loader (Open)
Greenville, SC - White Horse - Retail shop
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
Discover an exciting Career with AIRGAS!!
We have immediate openings and we want you to join our team!
CALL JACOB AT YOUR 980-445-9764
OR TEXT "Loader Greenville,SC" to 980-445-9764
Loader Greenville, SC
Location: Greenville, SC
Schedule: Mon - Fri - AM
Sign-on Bonus: $2,500
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more! Benefits Start after 30 days of employment.
AIRGAS Airgas USA, LLC
The Cylinder Loader will be responsible for Loading and unloading of high-pressure and liquid cylinders on / off trucks in compliance with federal, state, local regulations. The Loader will also be responsible for meeting all safety standards in the loading and unloading of cylinder gases per Airgas procedures.
* Understands hazards of various gases; size and contents of cylinders by reading and interpreting cylinder labels and the color-coding of tanks.
* Complies with all government and company standards relating to the safe handling of hazardous materials/cylinder gases.
* Operates a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
* Loads cylinders on/off vehicles, using hand truck or chain hoist, and records type and quantity of cylinders.
* Loads/unloads cylinders on/off pallets; ensuring they are strapped in.
* Examines returned cylinders for surface defects, dents, cracks, burns and performs minor maintenance of equipment and inspection of cylinders prior to filling.
* Rolls cylinders to designated work area using appropriate, safe work method or equipment
* Segregates out of test cylinders and any defective cylinders.
* Removes old labels, cleans cylinders.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Are you a MATCH?
* Qualifications & Experience
* HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
* 1-3 years' experience in manufacturing operation, filling or loading experience preferred.
* Strong background in gas, welding and safety supply industry or chemical industry preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
* Strong level of attention to detail.
* Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent's.
* Able to talk, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crawl or crouch.
* Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
* Regularly required to stand, bend, stoop, crouch, reach, grasp, feel and talk or hear.
* Occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel or use a calculator or computer; and reach with hands and arms
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the world.
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals, acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a changing world.
R10007732 Loader (Open)
Keywords: Airgas, Greenville , Loader, Other , Greenville, South Carolina
here to apply!