Diesel Truck Mechanic
Company: Heniff Transportation Systems LLC
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Heniff Transportation provides best-in-class supply chain
solutions to our valued customers by utilizing our network of
supply chain services and resources. We focus on creating
extraordinary growth and value across the markets, industries, and
customers we serve through outstanding safety, innovation, and
service performance. We accomplish this through one of the largest,
fully integrated networks of terminals, transload and tank wash
facilities in North America and now in Canada. We strive to be the
BEST at everything we do.Where: Greer, SCShift: Monday-Friday, 1st
Shift and 2nd shift available! No weekends!$1000 sign on
bonus!Position SummaryResponsible for performing preventative
maintenance, special inspections and general repairs on tractor and
trailer units in accordance with DOT, federal and state regulations
and Company standards.Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Diesel Truck Mechanic diagnoses and repair tractors and
- Perform annual/systematic 90-day inspection in order to ensure
equipment meets federal FHWA standards.
- The Diesel Truck Mechanic performs the following on cargo
tanks: internal, external, and upper coupler inspections, heat
system, leakage, vacuum, pressure tests and vapor tightness test
(EPA Method 27).
- Determine the overall mechanical condition of tractors,
trailers and associated equipment, diagnoses component malfunctions
and initiates repair actions.
- The Diesel Truck Mechanic repairs components by replacing worn
or damaged parts with new or reconditioned parts.
- Correct vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting,
overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major
assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as,
brakes, hubs, bearings, seals, electrical, air conditioning, fuel,
steering, hydraulics; control linkages, clutches, and traction
- The Diesel Truck Mechanic uses technical publications or
automated systems in maintaining vehicles to prescribed
manufacturers' maintenance schedules and for researching
- Properly annotate all maintenance and labor performed in
maintenance management software.
- The Diesel Truck Mechanic operates a yard hostler truck to move
trailers within the facility yard and the shop as needed.
- Communicate the need to order and receive parts and supplies as
- The Diesel Truck Mechanic adheres to all established safety
(OSHA) and environmental policies and standards to include
identification, use, and proper procedures for handling or disposal
of hazardous wastes.
- Clean, organize, and maintain the work environment to ensure
equipment longevity and workplace safety.
- The Diesel Truck Mechanic performs welding repairs as
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- The Diesel Truck Mechanic reports directly to The Shop
Supervisor.Education and Experience:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Experienced in the use of inspection and test equipment used
for cargo tank inspectionsEssential Qualifications:
- Demonstrated knowledge of vehicle and equipment theory,
principles, and repair relating to diesel engines, air, electrical,
mechanical, and hydraulic systems
- Ability to effectively and efficiently inspect tanks and
trailers to align with DOT standards (49CFR HM180.407).
- Knowledge of tractor and trailer maintenance, DOT rules and
regulations, company policies and procedures
- Ability to use vehicle diagnostic softwareLanguage Skills:
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficientlyWork
- Shop may be susceptible to climate like outdoor weather.
- Frequent exposure to loud machinery, air tool operation,
hammering and engine noise.
- This position includes 0% travel under normal
- Ability to operate in a constant state of alertness and safe
- This position works in confined spaces.Benefits and Perks:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount ProgramIn addition,
eligible employees receive:
- 120 hours Paid Time Off (prorated) in the first year & 7 Paid
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Life & Accident
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Company Paid Life InsuranceAt Heniff, we believe our biggest
asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity
employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse
backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture.
Heniff treats all candidates and employees with respect and does
not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes
and general treatment during employment, including on the basis of
actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity and/or expression, alienage or
national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status,
veteran status, or disability.PI5c448358f336-31181-31612525
Keywords: Heniff Transportation Systems LLC, Greenville , Diesel Truck Mechanic, Other , Greer, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!