Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: February 13, 2019
Job Title: QC Scientist I
When youre part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, youll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and youll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Greenville, SC API Manufacturing
How will you make an impact?
Performs analytical methods for moderately complex testing on raw materials, samples, stability, production intermediates, environmental monitoring, sterility tests, growth promotion, microbial limits tests, and/or and antimicrobial effectiveness tests. Supports internal development and/or manufacturing operations.
What will you do?
- Conducts moderately complex chemical and physical testing of pharmaceutical raw materials, packaging components, finished products, microbiological, and stability samples by internally developed and compendia test methods.
- Executes validated test methods for pharmaceutical raw materials and finished products for strength, impurities, identity, and dissolution by HPLC, GC, dissolution, spectroscopy, and traditional quantitative analysis, utilizing HPLC, GC, LC/MS, dissolution, spectroscopy, and/or traditional wet chemical testing.
- Recognizes and reports out-of-specification or unexpected results and non-routine analytical and product problems; recommends solutions.
- Clearly and accurately communicates the results of work by creating documentation of the testing/analysis and obtained results. Records and reports results of analysis in accordance with prescribed lab procedures and systems. May interact with clients.
- Prepares and assists in filing regulatory documents in support of internal projects. Provides communications with outside departments, corporate sites, agencies, and clients.
- Writes SOPs and other instructional documents.
- Cleans and organizes work area, instrumentation, and testing materials. Cleans HPLC and dissolution systems after use.
- Performs all duties in strict compliance with SOP, GMP, GLP and Safety guidelines.
How will you get here?
- BS - Chemistry, Microbiology, Biology, Biochemistry or related field is preferred. Minimum education requirements include a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience performing tests or analyses for pharmaceutical raw materials, finished products, or microbiological samples preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- 1-2 years of experience working in a laboratory, (GLP or GMP/cGMP environment preferred)
- Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
- Able to obtain DEA registration.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular missionenabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Greenville , Scientist I, Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!