Correspondence & Dispute Quality Specialist
Company: Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Who we are:
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America's 8th-largest
third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing?
Businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate
investment firms) contract with us to manage (or "service") their
loan portfolios, including collecting homeowners' mortgage
payments, paying homeowners' tax and insurance bills, and helping
homeowners in default to get current once again.
The Correspondence & Dispute Quality Specialist is primarily
responsible for reviewing written responses to Qualified Written
Requests, Complaints, and Credit Bureau Disputes. The job will
entail reviewing all written disputes and complaints from
homeowners, and making sure our written responses to the homeowners
are accurate (both in content and grammatically), easy for a
homeowner to understand, and have addressed all concerns or
allegations raised in the complaint. This will require the quality
specialist to be able to navigate the servicing system, conduct
their own research, and have a good understanding of a mortgage
loan, to be able to determine if a response is accurate and
provides an appropriate resolution. The qualify specialist must
have good reading comprehension to understand the homeowners
concerns, and have advanced writing skills to ensure the letters
are grammatically correct, professional, and formatted well. The
ideal candidate will have a good working knowledge of all aspects
of Mortgage Servicing Operations, including payment processing,
escrow, taxes and insurance, boarding, credit reporting etc. The
quality specialist is expected to review letters from other team
members and either approve them, or provide feedback and suggested
revisions. Quick turn-around is vital to ensure the team members
can meet their deadlines. The job will require continuous learning
and flexibility in responsibilities, including helping with
overflow of disputes and complaints, and other tasks related to
SCRA and Credit Bureau Corrections.
- Prioritize and be able to complete letter reviews in a timely
manner to keep up with production from the writers and allow them
to meet their deadlines.
- Research issues raised in the complaint to ensure the writer's
response is accurate and actually resolves the issue.
- Make revisions to letters to provide better grammar and
formatting. Also make sure dates, amounts, and terminology is
- Ensure the necessary actions/corrections are made to the Loans
to resolve disputes, complaints and inquiries.
- Compose their own written responses to borrower's (or their
authorized representatives) providing final resolution.
- Submit Automated Universal Data forms (AUDs) to the credit
reporting agencies as needed, to resolve credit disputes.
- Assist with researching and composing written responses to
- Expert written communication skills are needed, including good
use of grammar, spelling, punctuation and sentence structure.
- Must be extremely detail oriented, inquisitive, and have a
passion for investigating and problem solving.
- Moderate understanding of Mortgage and Consumer finance is
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word
- Familiarity with Mortgage Servicing systems is preferred.
- Excellent work ethic and deadline driven.
- Follow up skills and a strong sense of accountability
- Must possess a short learning curve related to assimilation of
new skills and tasks
- Superior organizational skills needed
- Ability to multi-task as well as quickly adapt to changing work
- Knowledge of credit reporting and SCRA is a plus
- High School Diploma required.
Keywords: Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing, Greenville , Correspondence & Dispute Quality Specialist, Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!