Territory Sales Representative
Company: Republic Services
Posted on: November 10, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY: Within an assigned market that is typically
outside of a metropolitan area, the Territory Representative is
responsible for identifying leads, proactively prospecting and
selling commercial, industrial and recycling services to new
customers. The Territory Representative is also responsible for
building, maintaining and growing long-term relationships with
existing clients to grow the revenue base and meet and exceed the
monthly targeted revenue growth objectives in support of the
Company?s overall goals and objectives. The Territory
Representative meets regularly with prospective and existing
clients in his or her assigned market area to deliver sales
presentations, follow up with key decision makers and sell all
services, as appropriate.
- Identify viable leads, manage prospects and acquire new,
profitable commercial and industrial business to meet and exceed
monthly established targeted revenue goals.
- Utilize the Company?s Contact Relationship Management (?CRM?)
tool on a daily basis, scheduling and documenting all activities,
and develop robust information profiles on prospective customers to
facilitate the acquisitions of new customers.
- Develop and maintain an awareness of market behavior and
competitive trends in designated market to anticipate changing
customer needs; proactively manage customer base.
- Conduct customer proactive retention calls.
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to grow existing client
base; follow up with key decision makers to assure contracts are
renewed in a timely and price efficient manner.
- Establish long-term relationships with existing clients to grow
revenue base in support of Company?s targeted profitable growth
- Proactively communicate with, or respond to, customers in
conjunction with the Company?s pricing initiatives.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Company?s available
services, lines of business, pricing structures and offer
additional services to existing commercial and industrial clients,
as appropriate, to grow targeted revenue and contribute to Company
goals and objectives.
- Meet regularly with Sales Manager or General Manager, as
appropriate to review weekly sales activities and prospective
customer calling activities.
- Track all prospective customer information on required
- Conducts proactive customer retention calls.
- Build relationships and increase Company visibility through
participation in Company-sponsored activities as required; attend
trade shows, chamber of commerce events and other events, as
necessary. Act as a company representative at community events,
- Complete all required Customer Service Agreement (?CSA?), CRM
entries and other reports in a complete, accurate and timely
- Respond to service cancellation calls; ensure compliance with
- Perform other job-related duties, as required.
- Professional presentation; is confident, assertive and displays
a high level of self-esteem.Good time management skills to ensure
assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient
- Good communication skills; is able to effectively communicate
to all levels of management, both internally and externally.
- Strong active listening skills; gives full attention to what
other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being
made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully
state their ideas.
- Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills;
adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they
arise; maintains a positive outlook.
- Has the ability to identify the information needed to clarify a
situation; seeks information from appropriate sources; has the
ability to tackle a problem using a logical, sequential approach
and can anticipate the implications of actions.
- Good written and verbal presentation skills.
- Is self-motivated; maintains a feeling of pride in work; has a
strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals; is competitive
and has a strong drive to win; takes appropriate risks.
- Is trustworthy and maintains the highest level of
confidentiality at all times.
- Is high energy, friendly and engaging; has excellent persuasion
skills; can persuade others to change their minds or behavior.
- Has a service orientation; is actively looking for ways to help
- Bachelor?s Degree is desired.
- Two years of direct selling experience.
- High School diploma or GED.
- One year of experience in a customer-facing role that includes
identifying and addressing customer needs.
- Valid driver?s license.Republic Services is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran
status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected
by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified.-- Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Republic Services, Inc. is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and
waste services. Through its subsidiaries, Republic---s collection
companies, transfer stations, recycling centers and landfills focus
on providing reliable environmental services and solutions for 14
million commercial, industrial, municipal and residential
customers.Each day, Republic empowers more than 31,000 exceptional
employees to do their best work. The Company takes pride in the
commitment to the safety of employees and communities; customer
engagement; environmental stewardship and sustainable practices;
community involvement, and innovation in all aspects of its
business operations. Republic strives to be an employer of choice
for top talent and works to create and maintain an environment that
attracts, develops and retains people who are aligned to serve
customers and preserve the planet.
Keywords: Republic Services, Greenville , Territory Sales Representative, Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!