Desktop Applications Analyst
Company: Ogletree Deakins
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Our Greenville, SC office has the opportunity for an experienced
Desktop Applications Analyst to join the Firm's expanding practice.
The Desktop Applications Analyst will be responsible for the
administration and support of all approved desktop applications.
Assists in the development and deployment of application packages,
user and security configurations, and the resolution of day-to-day
user application issues. Ensures problem resolutions and incident
escalations are coordinated and solved in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the Desktop Applications Manager and other
Desktop Administration group team members to continually improve
the desktop management methodology and corresponding processes and
- Assists in the coordinating the 3rd-tier escalation queue to
include the delegation of ticket assignments, ensuring proper
communication of known issues or problems, validating Support group
knowledge base updates, and ensuring appropriate ticket resolution
- Serve as technical lead for assigned projects which includes
assisting in the development of project plans, schedules and
- Responsible for software integration and support related to
department's customized or packaged applications.
- Create documentation on software packaging configuration
requirements, implementation, and other related package specifics
working with SMEs and Desktop Applications Engineers to fulfil
- Ensure packaged applications are configured and integrated
optimally, continuously scan enterprise for configuration issues
and remediates as appropriate.
- Coordinate and complete User Acceptance Testing and pilots
- Provide 3rd-tier telephone and desk side support to all staff
on all hardware and software platforms supported by the firm.
- Analyze system issues and bugs and suggests remediation
- Develop written and oral communications that clearly explain
technical concepts using non-technical language; effectively
communicate to management and users technology and process
pros/cons, IT strategies and trade-offs.
- Participate in proof of concept or pilots of new technologies
- Conduct technology training for the User Support group.
- Make recommendations to improve the use of all desktop
- Help to ensure end-users have optimal PC working
- Help to ensure the PC environment is stable with all other firm
systems, which requires coordinated work with other IT Department
teams and other firm administrative departments as required.
- Assist in the inventory of PC software by developing inventory
collection methods in conjunction with other owners of inventory
- Contribute to the good of the IT Department, local office(s),
and the entire firm.
- The position is part of the Desktop Team, providing expert
knowledge in the Desktop environment, change control of the desktop
environment, escalated incidents from the Helpdesk, and may require
after-hours, weekends, and holidays for emergencies and scheduled
- Must be willing to take on-call duty and respond during
disasters or emergencies. Some travel may be required.
- The ability to lift heavy computer equipment is also required.
- 3+ years' experience in a technical support position in support
of a Windows PC environment.
- Expert knowledge and experience with PC software: such as
Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
(SCCM), Group Policies (GPOs), Active Directory, PC troubleshooting
and Windows Registry, scripting and powershell.
- Experience with Office 365, Citrix, Intune, Mobile device
Management (iOS and Android) and Azure is a plus.
- Superior customer service/interpersonal skills.
- Superior troubleshooting skills.
- Superior organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Expert ability to communicate clearly and concisely with Firm
employees, clients and vendors.
- Ability to work as a member of a team or independently; ability
- Excellent sense of urgency and the ability to triage incidents,
problems, tasks, and projects quickly and efficiently.
- Law Firm or Legal Department experience.
- Document Management Systems experience preferred.
- Technical certifications such as A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA, MCSE
- Degree from an accredited college or university, in lieu of
experience. We are not working with outside recruiters for this
position. Benefits:Ogletree Deakins offers a robust suite of
benefits for our Staff including: Paid Time Off, Sick Time, a
401(k) matching program, Profit Sharing, Paid Holidays, Paid
Parental Leave, affordable Health and Life Insurance including
Dental & Vision coverage, Health Savings Account /Flexible Spending
Accounts to help offset the cost of dependent care and/or health
care expenses, Teladoc (24/7 access to a doctor by phone or online
video), Tuition Reimbursement and an Employee Assistance Program.
Firm Overview:Ogletree Deakins is one of the largest labor and
employment law firms representing management in all types of
employment-related legal matters. Premier client service, as
outlined in the firm's Client Pledge , is one of the firm's top
priorities and a cornerstone of its core values. U.S. News - Best
Lawyers-- "Best Law Firms" has named Ogletree Deakins a "Law Firm
of the Year" for 10 consecutive years. For 2021, the publication
named Ogletree Deakins its "Law Firm of the Year" in the Litigation
- Labor & Employment category. Ogletree Deakins has more than 900
attorneys located in 53 offices across the United States and in
Europe, Canada, and Mexico. The firm represents a diverse range of
clients, from small businesses to Fortune 50 companies.We are fully
committed to the importance of diversity within the legal
profession, as well as all workplace environments and strongly
encourage the interest of diverse candidates in the firm.Equal
Opportunity Employer. - provided by Dice
Keywords: Ogletree Deakins, Greenville , Desktop Applications Analyst, Professions , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!