Manufacturing Technician I - Day Shift
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: May 9, 2022
The Manufacturing Technician I, POROS Manufacturing is
responsible for production of POROS chromatography resin and
providing assistance to maintenance and distribution as needed. The
technician will encounter recurring work situations with minimal
complexity and is expected to be a proactive member of the team and
will work on assignments with guidance of other members of the
Day to Day:
* Perform duties within the corporate EH&S Standards and place
proper emphasis on safety and quality.
* Assist in operations of various process equipment including
reactors, pressure filters, pumps, filling, labeling and packaging
equipment according to written SOP's and UOP's in a large scale,
chemical batch manufacturing process.
* Assists on working on various activities in accordance with SOP
and UOP's to carry out unit operations such as the following:
equipment changeovers with Lock Out Tag Out and Confined space
protocols, Elutriation processes and finished product discharges,
R-Bead polymerization processes, Bead Coating processes,
* Maintain batch and equipment records per department's ISO13485
standards and Good Documentation practices with a high focus on
* Work with the team on 5S and continuous improvement activities
within the work center including cleaning activities in areas as
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Chemical or biotech manufacturing experience and knowledge of
computer applications is preferred.
* Experience in cGMP Environment, use of Delta V, and/or SAP is
* Proficient oral and written communication skills are required to
be effective in this role.
Skills & Abilities:
* Ability to interpret data, perform basic calculations, and
* Ability to stand for 80% of the shift, move 40 lbs. up one flight
of stairs, and push 55-gallon drums on wheeled dollies.
* Ability to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE),
including work uniform, steel toe shoes, hair net, safety glasses,
bump cap, and nitrile gloves. PPE may also include face shield and
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 100,000 outstanding
minds have a unique story to tell.
Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com .
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal Opportunity
Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or
any other legally protected status. We are committed to providing
access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for
individuals with disabilities in employment, its services,
programs, and activities
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Greenville , Manufacturing Technician I - Day Shift, Professions , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!