Apartment Maintenance Technician I
Company: NHE, Inc.
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: $16-$17 MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN I
(Harbor/Gallery Apartments - Greenville, SC)Summary The Maintenance
Technician I is responsible for helping with general maintenance
repairs, apartment make-readies, preventive maintenance and
construction or rehabilitation projects for an apartment community.
Responsible for helping maintain an adequate inventory of supplies
for repairs and monthly maintenance budget monitoring. This
position could present the option to be promoted to Maintenance
Technician II. The Maintenance Technician I position must be
flexible and able to work varied schedule, including weekends,
on-call and some holidays as required.
I. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under direction of the Community Manager/Maintenance
Supervisor, performs maintenance activities for apartment community
along with other maintenance staff.
- Works with the Maintenance Supervisor and Community Manager
(i.e., walking apartments, move-in/move-out reports, etc.).
- Report apartments that are ready to show to the Community
- Complete weekly/daily maintenance employee assignments in
tandem with Community Manager and maintenance supervisor
- Assist in maintaining the exterior grounds and curb appeal
- Performs maintenance repairs related to electrical, plumbing,
HVAC, pools, appliances drywall
- Identify, correct and report hazardous community
- Coordinate and respond to resident/management requests and
Service Request for occupied apartments.
- Determine with Community Manager/Maintenance Supervisor,
requests or emergencies that should be top priority.
- Prepare vacant apartments for move-in.
- Walk all vacant units to determine make-ready needs. Coordinate
effort with Community Manager/Maintenance Supervisor.
- Ensure all trash from apartments are cleaned out before, during
and after make-ready activity.
- Walk property daily to look for needed maintenance and
liability hazards and report to Community Manager.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment and apartments per
- Work with Community Manager/Maintenance Supervisor to determine
supplies and equipment needs.
- Must get approval from Community Manager prior to placing
- Attendance is an essential job function.
- May be requested to assist in other communities.
- Assist with hazardous weather problems, fires, floods, freezes,
- Attends and participates in industry and NHE's training
programs as required.
- responsible for vendor monitoring and quality control
- Performs the tasks of subordinate associates as needed
- Perform any and all other duties as requested or assigned by
your supervisor / manager.
- This job description does not list all functions and tasks. Job
functions may be added, deleted, or modified at any time by the NHE
management team.II. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- SPECIFIC SKILLS/EQUIPMENT
- Propane torch (Plumbing)
- Steam clean/shampoo machine
- Key machine
- Sewer machine
- Sink machine
- Leak detector
- Pressure Washer
- Volt meter
- Manifold gauges
- Paint Sprayer
- Air conditioners
- Water heaters
- Welding torches (A/C)
- Hand tools
- Must be able to perform all facets of apartment
- On a regular basis must use independent judgment (following
prescribed procedures) to determine actions to be taken,
priorities, emergencies, etc.
- Must be able to deal with moderate to high levels of stress due
to meeting deadlines, reprioritizing activities and supervising
- Will interact regularly with residents, vendors, contractors,
supervisors, employees and coworkers and therefore, must have
excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize duties and
- Attention to detail
- Must have the ability to work with little direction maintaining
confidentiality and professionalism.
- Be a team player and have an excellent work ethicIII.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis position has no supervisory
- Prior apartment maintenance experience is preferred but not
- Must be able to perform basic troubleshooting on HVAC
equipment, plumbing systems, electronic systems, all major
appliances, pool and spa equipment and other systems on community
(gates, phone jacks, irrigation systems, etc.).
- Must have a valid driver's license and means of immediate
transportation to provide service callsV. ADVANCEMENT
- Demonstrated knowledge of HVAC troubleshooting replacement and
- Ability to perform advanced troubleshooting on all property
systems HVAC, water heaters, electrical, appliances
- Must possess an EPA certification Type 1and 2 minimum
- Minimum of 6 months as a Maintenance Technician I
- Good attendance record
- No written or verbal warningsVI. EDUCATIONAL AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; some college or
trade school preferred.
- Position requires a minimum of 3 years general maintenance
experience and/or at least 1-year multi-family, industrial or
institutional Service Request experience.
- TRAINING/CERTIFICATES/ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIPS
- Certifications in Plumbing, HVAC (basic and advanced),
journeyman license, and first aid preferred.
- Must have certifications/permits required by city or state to
perform job responsibilities (i.e., pool operations, maintenance,
electrical, plumbing, HVAC, etc.).
- Painting experienceVII. LANGUAGE/MATHEMATICAL/REASONING
ABILITYAbility to generate reports, business correspondence.
Effectively present information and respond to questions from
clients, customers, and the general public. Must possess the
ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must
be able to read and write in English at intermediate level to read
diagrams, meters, instructions, write reports, etc. Must be able to
apply common sense understanding and carry out instructions and
plans furnished written and verbally.VIII. PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to do the following:
- Will use hands to finger, handle, or feel and; talk or
- Will be exposed to constant activity that requires intermittent
standing, walking, bending, crouching, pushing/pulling,
lifting/moving/carrying (light to heavy weight
material/appliances/equipment) up to and in excess of 50 pounds or
more, climbing ladders/stairs, and walking on rooftops.
- Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate small-motorized
equipment (i.e., repetitive hand/wrist, griping and elbow
- Must have normal range of hearing, close, distance and color
vision, color discrimination, peripheral vision, and depth
perception and ability to adjust focus for proper operation and
repair of machines, wiring, and equipment.
- Must be able to complete tasks wearing appropriate safety
equipment (i.e., back belts, goggles, masks, gloves, etc.).
- Will be exposed on a regular basis to outdoor environment
(i.e., heat, cold, damp, rain, etc.).
- Will also have light to moderate exposure to injuries (i.e.,
chemicals, electrical, machinery, tools, lifting, etc.)
- Will be exposed to some low-level noise when using power tools.
Hazards can be minimized with proper lifting techniques, SDS and
general safety training and wearing of proper safety
- Will be regularly called upon to work overtime and service
calls after-hours schedules. Refer to your Community Manager for
community specific service call/after-hours guidelines.IX. WORKING
CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENTWhile performing the duties of this job,
the employee primarily works indoors/outdoors from the NHE, Inc.
on-site property. The employee will regularly work in a highly
mobile environment in performance of the above duties and
responsibilities. The noise level in the work environment is
usually moderate.X. POLICIES AND PROCEDURESThe employee in this job
must be knowledgeable about the company's policies and procedures
as described in the company Employee Handbook.I have read the above
duties associated with the position of Maintenance Technician I. I
understand that the above list is not all-inclusive and that I may
be asked to perform additional duties. BENEFITSAll full-time
employees are eligible to participate in our benefits program. NHE
- 100% Employer Paid (Employee Only):
- Health Insurance (HDHP)
- Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Group Life Insurance
- PPO Health Insurance Plan offered
- Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Group Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account (offered for HDHP plan)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401k Retirement plan
- 12 Paid Holidays (includes Birthday Holiday)
- Up to 130 hours of PTOAbout NHE, Inc.As a diverse real estate
management company, we appreciate the importance that
professionalism, caring service and relationships have on providing
quality services to residents and property owners alike. We work to
provide superior service by capitalizing on our vast experience,
dedicated employees and investments in technology, training and
certification. Based in Greenville, South Carolina, NHE is a leader
in homeowner association management services, multi-family and
apartment management solutions, and consults with owners and
operators to determine best practice operations.EOE
Keywords: NHE, Inc., Greenville , Apartment Maintenance Technician I, Professions , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!