Traveling Journeyman Electrician
Company: Lane Valente Industries
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Lane Valente Industries offers a broad range of solutions that
help multi-site organizations reduce costs through energy
reduction, facility maintenance and value engineering. Our
solutions have uncovered significant savings for our customers when
reducing both energy and maintenance costs.
We exploit new technology and embrace client feedback to constantly
improve our entire product range. With a thirty-year track record,
we attribute our success to our solid commitment to client
satisfaction, attention to detail, dependable service, and a pride
in our quality of work. We have operations in a variety of
locations across the United States.
We are looking for talented people who value integrity, the value
of an honest day's work, and shared success. If you believe you are
one of those talented people, and are interested in being
considered for a career at Lane Valente Industries, we invite you
to apply today!
CURRENT OPPORTUNITY: Traveling Journeyman Electrician
Responsible for the installation of electrical systems in the
commercial and industrial construction markets at job sites and
project locations. Holds responsibility for direct
supervision/coordination of assigned helper/apprentice
electricians, on a per job basis. Responsible for promoting
excellent customer relations. Must be able to interact with the
customer, determine their needs and provide solutions.
- Report to project worksite on time and ready to work.
- Exhibit a willingness to apply oneself, to learn, and to
develop electrical skills.
- Apply basic electrical and construction principles and
practices to solve design, development and modification problems
with parts, assemblies provided.
- Complete work in accordance to national and local codes. Learn
and keep current with latest revision of NEC.
- Complete work in accordance with company policies and
- Fulfill daily commitments and stay on project schedule as
directed by job-site foreman.
- Assist with loading materials, digging trenches, pulling wire,
and other various tasks needed to complete project.
- Treat all customers, other trades personnel, vendors, fellow
workers, etc. with dignity and respect.
- Keep job site clean before leaving and be kept clutter free
during the work.
- Complete paperwork including timecard and turn in when
- Know, follow and hold others accountable to the safety policy,
program and training of CESG.
- Trouble shoots most common electrical systems including, but
not limited to, services, feeders, and branch circuits.
- Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of
materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid
unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with
specifications and local electrical codes.
- Prepares sketches showing location of wiring and equipment, or
follows diagrams or blueprints, ensuring that concealed wiring is
installed before completion of future walls, ceilings, and
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assemble, and installs
- Pulls wiring through conduit.
- Splices wires by stripping insulation from terminal leads,
twisting or soldering wires together, and applying tape or terminal
- Connects wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment.
- Installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches,
relays, and circuit-breaker panels.
- Connects power cables to equipment, such as electric range or
motor, and installs grounding leads.
- Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to detect
hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
- Repairs faulty equipment or systems.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- High School Graduate or G.E.D. equivalent.
- 4 years' experience in electrical project installations.
- Applicant must have reliable transportation.
- Position requires electricians hand tools.
- Ability to work with hands, multi-task.
- Advanced electrical knowledge required.
- Valid state motor vehicle operator's license & clear driving
record to meet Company policy.
- Applicable state certification.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacations
- 401(k) retirement plan with generous company match
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Lane Valente Industries, Greenville , Traveling Journeyman Electrician, Professions , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!