Patient Care Technician
Company: New Horizon Family Health Services
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Patient Care Technician (PCT) assists the
Nursing and Provider Staff with the provision of routine care to
patients who present to New Horizon Family Health Services.DUTIES
- All PCT staff MUST wear the designated uniform in colors
authorized by the organization.
- Helps to support the achievement of provider productivity
- Is responsible for patient phone messages, documents details in
EHR patient cases and forwards them to the appropriate bucket.
- Assists Nursing Staff to care for patients in accordance with
instructions given Providers
- Skillfully obtains patients' vital signs - temperature, pulse,
blood pressure, respirations, height, weight and pulse oximetry and
documents them in EHR.
- Completes designated EHR Patient Work-Up modules.
- Prepares exam rooms and procedure trays.
- Chaperones during physical examinations, pap smears and
- After completion of the Lab Orientation Checklist, upon
direction from Nursing, instructs patient to obtain a urine
specimen and prepares / sends the specimen to the Lab.
- Cleans exam rooms between patients.
- Stocks exam rooms.
- Provides comfort and support to patients awaiting medical
treatment/those having received medical attention.
- Understands the purpose of, and has a working knowledge of
Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) concepts.
- Participates in in-service training opportunities as
- Must hold all patient Protected Health Information (PHI) other
patient personal information and agency information in confidence,
in accordance with the attached Employee Confidentiality Statement,
which I have read, understand and signed.
- Actively participates in and complies with all aspects of the
NHFHS Corporate compliance Program, follows the Program Code of
Conduct and obey all relevant laws, statutes, regulations and
requirements applicable to Medicaid, Medicare and other State and
Federal healthcare programs.All NHFHS Company employees must be
fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Completion of a Certified Nurses Assistant Program with Patient
Care Technician Skills Training
- Completion of an Emergency Medical Technician Program-
- One year or more experience in office based patient care
- Must have a working knowledge of computer programs and
professional construction of emails
- Must demonstrate:- legible handwriting- excellent spelling-
speaking clearly and grammatically correct- the ability to accept
responsibility as indicated- being a motivated and enthusiastic
learner- a courteous and tactful manner- the ability to work under
stress and work well with others- following NHFHS policies and
procedures regarding personal visits, cell phone usage, and
clocking-in and out on time according to assigned schedule
Benefits:New Horizon Family Health Services offers a robust and
comprehensive benefit package to full time employees. These
choices/options include:Medical, Dental and Vision benefitsSuite of
Voluntary Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term
DisabilityFlexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts403 (b)
Retirement PlanVacation and Sick LeavePaid Holidays
Keywords: New Horizon Family Health Services, Greenville , Patient Care Technician, Professions , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!