Service Technician- Full Time: Days
Company: Prisma Health
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.Job
SummaryResponsible for service technician functions within the
Equipped for Life department.Accountabilities:
- Works as patient contact in coordinating and then safely
delivering, transferring, and picking up equipment and
- Evaluates and educates the new patient / caregiver in areas of
company overview, patient rights and responsibilities, advance
directives, infection control and equipment cleaning, home safety,
emergency preparedness, and use of equipment and supplies.
- Curbside cleans equipment and transports appropriately.
Maintains organization and infection control responsibilities in
the vehicle and warehouse at all times. Cleans, bags and tags
equipment appropriately. Assures that equipment selected for
deliveries is clean and patient ready.
- Assures that all preventive maintenance visits are made in
coordination with schedule. Completes a check list designed to
assure understanding and appropriate use of equipment and supplies.
Communicates any patient concerns to a respiratory therapy staff
member or manager.
- Encourages patient to complete Patient Satisfaction Survey and
instructs the patient on where they can find that survey in the
- Educates the patient / caregiver in regard to financial
responsibility and how medical equipment billing is
- Provides patients / caregiver with a copy of the delivery,
switch out or pick up ticket with all items listed accurately.
Collects serial and lot numbers for appropriate equipment /
supplies. Assures appropriate signatures are collected and
- Reports any shortages of inventory equipment / supplies to the
warehouse coordinator so that replacement(s) may be ordered
immediately. Maintains adequate supplies on vehicle.
- Submits all completed paperwork within one working day.
- Rotates on-call with other service technicians and acts under
the guidance of the on-call therapist.
- Assists in receiving purchased equipment / supplies, testing
and documentation of new equipment and placing into active
inventory. Assures that all mail outs are completed daily with
associated documentation.Minimum Qualifications:
- Education - High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience - 2 years-Patient education / delivery or Customer
- SCDL-South Carolina Driver's licenseOther Required
- Current SC Driver's License with dependable, insured vehicle-
RequiredWork ShiftDay (United States of America)LocationEquipped
For LifeFacility4003 Equipped For LifeDepartment40037403 Equipped
For Life DME-UpstateShare your talent with us! Our vision is
simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities
we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented
individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Keywords: Prisma Health, Greenville , Service Technician- Full Time: Days, Professions , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!