Posted on: November 24, 2022
- Sun-Thurs 11:00pm-7:30am
- Mon-Fri 3:30am-11:30am
- Mon-Fri 7:00am-3:00pm
- Mon-Fri 5:30am-2:00pm
JOB SUMMARY:A Histotechnician (HT) prepares human body tissue for
examination by other laboratory professionals. The person in this
position performs embedding, microtomy, and all related histology
tasks. This position also performs special stain and IHC procedures
as directed.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Embed all types of tissue
- Section all types of paraffin embedded tissue
- Follow set protocols and procedures for embedding and
- Keep embedding area, microtome, and workstation clean and
clutter free and maintain proper QC
- Maintain fresh solutions, stains and/or re-agents
- Perform special stain and/or IHC procedures as directed
- Assist with case assembly and distribution as needed
- File blocks and slides as needed
- Properly handle and dispose of hazardous waste
- Assists in documentation and maintaining effective department
QA programs and monitors.
- Exercise all laboratory safety precautions and adhere to lab
procedures as stated in procedure manuals.
- Perform all job responsibilities in alignment with the
industry's best security practices and regulatory guidelines to
protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of
protected health information and other sensitive company data.
- Must be familiar with and abide by the Corporate Compliance
Program and all Corporate policies, including the Privacy and
EDUCATION & LICENSURE:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must have completed on the job histology training or documented
formal histology training.
- Maintains appropriate continuing education for certification if
- Minimum of one year experience working in a histology lab,
performing microtomy and/or embedding is required.
Keywords: PathGroup, Greenville , Histology Technician, Professions , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!