Construction Project Superintendent
Company: Langston Construction
Posted on: February 12, 2019
Position Responsibilities: Coordinates all site construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete projects on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest level of safety and quality, supervising all trade and field personnel and producing and maintaining project records and reporting. Must have advanced knowledge of all construction disciplines (civil, architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical), understand CPM Schedules in order to maintain job timeline, and previous experience working on various size projects. Construction Project Superintendent creates and maintains positive relationships with workers, customers, suppliers, vendors, and subcontractors, as well as establishes, implements, and manages field personnel training programs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Project documentation of daily on-site activities, schedule updates, e-mail correspondence and other activities necessary to keep all project stakeholders informed and to protect the interest of the company.
- Complete field change orders for owners and/or sub-trades, when necessary. Ensure field change orders are properly documented and that proper signatures and approvals are maintained. Communicate scope of change and costs to the Project Manager.
- Conduct pre-construction, progress, subcontractors and other necessary meetings.
- Attend Project Owner and Stakeholder meetings.
- Communicate job expectations with ownership, general contractors, and subcontractors.
- Assist in generating projection and CPM schedules.
- Maintain project and CPM schedules.
- Procure materials and equipment and ensure appropriate inventory of both.
- Analyze, manage, and mitigate risks.
- Continuous pursuit of cost saving and process improvement strategies.
- Ensure that all required permits and licenses are obtained.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of trade contractors.
- Monitor costs and performance against project budgets.
- Coordinate and schedule subcontractor, vendors, inspections, material deliveries, etc.
- Assist with new project field setups, trailers, utilities, etc.
- Maintain effective relations with Clients and Project Managers.
Project Quality Control and Quality Assurance
- Ensure work is installed per the plans and specifications and all quality procedures are implemented.
- Ensure that each team member is aware of quality standards and company policies.
- Confirm workers are knowledgeable of work ethics and best practices.
- Verify that each subcontractor has successfully completed the project assigned
- Perform inspection of job sites and individual work duties.
- Ensure all quality control procedures and measures are in place and in use.
- Perform closeout, punch lists, and warranty management.
- Maintain a safe work environment and enforce all corporate, local, and jurisdictional safety procedures.
- Conduct daily site safety checks.
- Identify and rectify job hazards on an immediate basis.
- Ensure that all works on the site work in harmony and attempt to keep conflict at bay.
- Intervene during conflicts between members and exercise tact to ward it off.
- Work with Health and Safety Officer to ensure Toolbox Talks and other safety prevention measures are taken with each new phase of project construction.
Labor and Equipment Management
- Responsible for the maintenance and inventory of small tools and equipment.
- Ensure appropriate care and maintenance of construction tools and equipment.
- Ensure required logs and reports on labor and equipment are submitted and coded accurately.
- Maintain jobsite inventory control of tools and materials.
- Develop and implement monthly projected labor requirements for projects.
- Responsible for establishing, negotiating, and maintaining equipment rental rates and material pricing.
- Supervise, mentor, and guide permanent and temporary field personnel.
- Serve as timekeepers for time cards for the purpose of payroll activities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
-- A high school diploma or at least 5 years of on-the-job experience
-- Familiarity with construction means and methods
-- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
-- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment
-- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
-- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
-- Responds well to time constraints and generally works at a brisk pace.
-- Willingness to travel up to 250 miles
-- Pass drug/chemical screening
Keywords: Langston Construction, Greenville , Construction Project Superintendent, Professions , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!