Collections Analyst - Greenville, SC
Company: Hubbell Incorporated
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an
international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and
power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around
the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and
equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and
manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early,
and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first
practical method to control electricity through the pull chain
socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in
reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million
products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is
committed to continually innovating solutions that work,
transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we
Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
HUBBELL INCORPORATED is an international manufacturer of quality
electrical and electronic products for a broad range of
non-residential and residential construction, industrial and
utility applications. With 2017 revenues of $3.7 billion, Hubbell
Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United
States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's
Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and
Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan
and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China,
India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The
corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT. Posting
701 Millennium Blvd
Greenville, SC 29607 Position Overview:
The Collections Analyst role is a key contributor to managing
Accounts Receivable at Hubbell. The position is assigned our most
complex and valuable customers and is expected to not only achieve
the desired outcomes with those customers, but to provide thought
leadership to others throughout the enterprise on opportunities to
make the process work better for all stakeholders and model success
for less experienced team members. This role seeks interactions
with various internal teams (customer service, sales, as examples)
in an effort to streamline the invoice to cash process; benefiting
customers and fellow Hubbell employees equally. Analysts spend a
considerable part of their time seeking, analyzing and socializing
data to understand situations from all sides. Working with the
system as-is, while at the same time defining and generating ideas
about how to improve processes is a key responsibility. Seen as the
"go-to" person when issues arise this role can confidently and
competently determine recommendations for next steps in nearly all
situations. Works collaboratively with all levels of customer and
internal employees to achieve desired outcomes and build
relationships. The role works and prioritizes effort independently
but in unison with department and corporate objectives. Duties and
* Monitors complicated or issue prone accounts considered
"strategic" or "at-risk" and assesses receivables condition to
prioritize efforts to achieve objectives for those accounts.
* Performs account analysis to identify trends, problems and root
causes of ongoing issues and outlines solution plans to improve the
situation for both Hubbell and the customer.
* Generates solution plans that guide and direct their own efforts
as well as coordinating other resources within the A/R function to
deliver the needed results for stakeholders.
* Initiates, organizes and often times leads team or
cross-functional meetings designed to solve problems, improve
processes or deliver training.
* Negotiates within assigned scope of authority, individually or as
part of a team, to resolve problems with favorable outcomes for
Hubbell and the customer.
* Handles accounts with complex support needs, such as EDI based
transaction processing, international multi-currency accounts or
support of 1st party outsourced collections activities.
* Monitors the work of 3rd parties involved in the support of all
Hubbell A/R functions - provides training and resolution support as
* Responds to customer inquiries on accounts regarding billing
discrepancies or payment disputes.
* Acts as a subject matter expert for IT and AR leadership: helps
test, document and train on systems supporting A/R including work
defining requirements of new systems or processes needed to support
* May assist the supervisor/manager in hiring, scheduling or
directing team resources to meet objectives.
* May perform basic project management tasks.
Skills and Experience:
* 5 or more years involved in a large ($500 million or more in
annual sales) Accounts Receivable function or similar,
transaction-based accounting function.
* At least 2 - 4 years of commercial credit and collections
experience, ideally within a large organization ($500 million or
more in annual sales).
* 4-year degree in accounting or business related field
* Demonstrated ability to use MS Office Software (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Outlook) at an intermediate level.
* Demonstrated success in a goals driven work environment.
* Experience compiling and maintaining procedures and policies
based on various inputs, including customer contracts, corporate
standards, department best practices and external guidance, rules
* Experience in international transactions preferred including the
compliance, tax/duties, and multi-currency needs of these
* Experience working with IT in support of AR (requirements
gathering, testing, problem shooting) is preferred.
* Familiarity with a large-scale, enterprise accounting or CRM
system (such as SAP or Oracle.)
* Familiarity with Internet based e-commerce and search/research
tools (such as UPS, FedEx, Google and/or Bing.)
* Familiarity with various electronic transaction methods with
customers, including EDI, web-based procurement portals (Ariba or
custom web based), and ACH/CTX.
* Ability to use basic office equipment: Fax, scan, copy, phone and
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO
Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected
Keywords: Hubbell Incorporated, Greenville , Collections Analyst - Greenville, SC, Professions , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!